Archived on 6/5/2022

10th Best station in South London!

InTheNightGarden
15 Mar '18

Apparently, Forest Hill is the tenth best station in south London!

starman
15 Mar '18

Tenth best.

armadillo
15 Mar '18

I’m frankly surprised that Forest Hill made the list at all, its certainly no beauty queen!

But you can’t complain that Crystal Palace took the top spot, that is a nice looking station - almost cathedral like.

starman
15 Mar '18

Forest Hill Station is one ugly building. But I love love love the curving sweep the four tracks take into and out of the station, especially when a fast through train whines past a stopping one. For that I’d say Forest Hill had the best aspect for a station.

applespider
15 Mar '18

That’s a crazy list with some odd criteria.

Amazed Denmark Hill was so high given the ridiculous overcrowding issues and delays getting in or out.

What I did think was funny was the picture of the old pre-war Forest Hill station with a sign advertising new electric trains that take 12 minutes which is somewhat faster than now.

rbmartin
16 Mar '18

The best thing about FH station is the fact you don’t have to wait more than 5 mins to leave it!

Seriously, don’t like the station building which compared to the old building is an example of late 60s/early 70s poor architecture.

However, since TfL took over the station, I love the fact the side entrance in Perry Vale is open all day. It was unloved with it only being open during the peaks to beat evasion and the fact we have lifts and a covered footbridge.

GillB
16 Mar '18

Honor Oak Station is a nice Station. Where did it come on the list? Can’t beat good old Crofton Park station…what a complete dump.

faultythinking
17 Mar '18

Surprised FH is even the tenth best station in SE23