Archived on 6/5/2022

2LG Studio Garden Pavilion pictures

Google_News
4 Oct '20

‘News’ for a rainy Sunday - the following article has pictures of a beautiful garden pavilion built in the SE23 back garden of interior design duo Jordan Cluroe & Russell Whitehead, founders of 2LG Studio, who you may also recognise as the former co-owners at St. David Coffee house (along with Sian).

Take a look at the article and remember a time when it wasn’t raining:

ForestHull
4 Oct '20

I think this garden is actually in Perry Village’s South Eastern quarter - which is rapidly establishing itself as a hot bed for design and creatives :grin:

ThorNogson
4 Oct '20

Like Perry Village itself this house is indeed on the Rise.

JohnH1
5 Oct '20

Pardon my ignorance; what’s Perry Village?

ForestHull
5 Oct '20

This question is often asked in various forms and there’s a bit of discussion on the topic over here which might help:

JohnH1
5 Oct '20

Well I never! I’ve lived in Forest Hill for 70 years (22 years on Shipman Road) and I’ve never heard the bottom of Siddons Road called that before. Sounds like a bit of self-aggrandizement by the residents or an estate agent to me.

anon5422159
5 Oct '20

I think “Perry Village” is a tongue-in-cheek term, @JohnH1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

At least, I hope so!

clausy
5 Oct '20

I used to live near Pitshanger Lane in Ealing - I cycled through not long ago and it’s rebranded itself as Pitshanger Village. I had a little chuckle to myself. +10% to house prices of course.

marymck
5 Oct '20

Wooster and Stock tried the same thing with Kirkdale. Kirkdale Village sunk without trace but not before proving very divisive.

Meanwhike - back at the OP - I think the garden building looks very nice, but may not look so great in time. Decking often goes slimy. Still a heck of a lot nicer than the shed on the roof in the background of the recent lost kitty photo. How could that have been thought an attractive idea? (I hope Betsy turns up safe and well :heart:)