Archived on 6/5/2022

Any local groups/charities take furniture/equipment?

MattB
24 Aug '16

Does anyone know if there any local groups or charities that take items of furniture or musical equipment?

We may have some items to get rid of very soon and I’ve love to be able to pass them on to people who need them rather than throw them out. We usually give our smaller stuff to the Red Cross shop in Forest Hill, but with larger furniture items and musical equipment, it would be nice to get some frsh ideas.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers,
Matt

anon64893700
24 Aug '16

St Christophers Hospice shop in Sydenham, Cobbs Corner?

GGatti13
24 Aug '16

We contact the British Heart Foundation - they arrange pick up and I don’t remember them charging anything. Give them a few days notice and they will let you know when they can collect. The guys who pick up were always lovely and happy to take any furniture.

Hope this helps

Michael
24 Aug '16

Louise House might be interested in extra stackable chair if that was part of your furniture items. Let me know if you have such things and I’ll put you in contact.

Pauline
24 Aug '16

Matt what have you got?

Anything suitable for the library (and as @Michael has mentioned the new community space @V22_Louise_House)?

Thanks

starman
24 Aug '16

Another shout out for BHF for furniture. They collect. And after a whike send you a lovely note advising how much money they made.

MattB
26 Aug '16

Thanks for all the tips.

I don’t have a list yet as we haven’t decided what to get rid of and what to keep, I just wanted to dip my toe in the water to see if there were places out there.

Very pleased to find out that there are.