Archived on 6/5/2022

Anybody have a fish tank with filtration gizmo they no longer want?

Gillipops
26 Jul '17

Hello peeps. I’ve got David…my beloved goldfish who I bought in Sydenham 2 years ago…I’m not even sure if he is a ‘boy’ - hey ho, but I’ve decided to call him David anyway. I asked the aquarium seller to sell me a fish who is a ‘bruiser’…i.e. not needing fancy attention/accommodation/treatment - not because I’m a callous or lazy pet owner, but because I knew all I could offer him/her was a plastic tank that I had. I refill/change water from the tap every 3 days to keep it even relatively oxygenated/de-scuzzy. Get sponges/kitchen towels out to remove algae etc. Bless David’s heart…he’s still going strong - but I’d so like to spoil him a bit. Just with a tank that has a bit of filtration from scuzz, a bit of air.

Please don’t get me wrong…I’ve seen really cheapy one’s @ Supreme Animal Foods pet shop in Lewisham for about £30 - HOWEVER, if anyone has a small tank with a filtration/air pump thingy, that they no longer want and are planning to throw out…please let me know.

Here is David in his present des res. Isn’t he/she gorgeous?

system
24 Sep '17

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.