Archived on 6/5/2022

Anybody to play/swap folk tunes with?

Angharad_Cooper
9 Dec '17

Hello,

I live in SE23, and am wondering if there is anybody on the forum who plays folk music and might fancy getting together to play and swap some tunes sometime?

I play fiddle (lapsed for some years but well back into playing again). I don’t mind where the music is from, or what other instrument(s) are. Would be interesting to chat / meet if there is anybody who this appeals to!

Cheers,

Harry

wineisallforme
12 Dec '17

I’m bumping this back up to the top.

I’ve never had the opportunity to play with @Angharad_Cooper, but I have seen them smash out a tune. Some mad skills, and you’d be a fool to miss out if you fancy getting some folk action on.

Peabug82
1 Jan '18

Hi Harry

There is a folk orchestra that meet every Saturday morning in the church hall on Church rise, from 10.30 until 12.30. We play acoustic instruments and have a tune book, we aim to learn new tunes together and play at community events every now and then. It’s a lovely bunch of people and we break and have a cup of tea or play different tunes together. It’s also a good way to meet others into folk music and see where else they play, if the orchestra isn’t for you. Check out the website

http://s335571041.websitehome.co.uk/selfolk/

Hope to see you there!

Steph (piano accordion)

James_Hurley
1 Jan '18

Hi Harry / Steph

I’m moving to the area soon and would be up for a jam! I (try to!) play some folk / Americana songs. The folk orchestra sounds fun!

James

Angharad_Cooper
1 Jan '18

That’s brilliant - thanks Steph! I’m well up for giving that a go, cheers :slight_smile: it sounds great.

James, hopefully see you there!

Thanks again,

Harry