Archived on 6/5/2022

Are you using your garage?

Pannonica
8 Jul '19

Hi everybody,

I’m looking for a garage to store my VW campervan. I want to keep the weather off it when not in use, and do some small jobs here and there - nothing major, no power tools. I’m also a professional cycle mechanic so sometimes I would use the space to fix my bikes.

I live on stanstead road near the Blythe hill tavern but anywhere within reasonable walking distance or even a bike ride away would do.

My only requirements are that it needs to be 2.2m high to fit the van, and electricity would be a big plus though not essential.

I can pay of course, I’m on the council waiting list but not holding my breath for anything anytime soon…

Thanks in advance for any help!

Simon

Cpw1978
8 Jul '19

Hi simon. Good luck it’s something I’ve been looking for too. I spoke to the council and when pressed was told they had 700+ people on the waiting list (they wouldnt say where I was) so yeah keep breathing.

Nivag
9 Jul '19

When I was in Southwark it was cheaper for me to private rent a garage than get a council owned one as I wasn’t living in a council property.

system
7 Sep '19

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.