Archived on 6/5/2022

Attention people who are struggling to get on the property ladder - TV show wants to help

Katherine
23 May '17

Hi, My name is Katherine and I’m working on a TV show about the property ladder, and how hard it is - nearly impossible!- for people to buy a property these days. The project is about co-buying, and we are looking for people who want to buy a property, but can’t quite afford it on their own and would consider co-buying. It would be wonderful if you could contact me to find out more. Hopefully we can get some people on the ladder!
Many thanks,
Katherine
info@riverdog.tv

TravelCounsellor
24 May '17

Hi Katherine,

I did a very similar show ,sounds like same format , in 2005. “Would you Buy a House with a Stranger” Co bought with a stranger as couldnt afford to get on property ladder by myself. Good luck with finding your contributors, look forward to seeing the show x

Anotherjohn
24 May '17

I hate to hijack the thread but, being nosey… TELL US ALL WHAT HAPPENED THEN!!!

TimLund
24 May '17

I know it’s a contrarian position, @Katherine, but I’d argue - and have

The Long Short for Generation Rent

that the best long term advice for many people struggling to get on the property ladder is “don’t”.

TravelCounsellor
24 May '17

Hi Anotherjoin, It worked out really well. Got me on the property ladder when I couldn’t have afforded to otherwise. Still own the flat in Clapham which I rent out. Bought the guy out a few years back. Would love to find out what happened to the other contributors.

Anotherjohn
25 May '17

Thanks TC.

It’s an interesting twist that you previously couldn’t afford to buy - so, presumably, rented - and now the place you struggled to buy is now being rented out.