Archived on 6/5/2022

Babur been listed in the Top 100 UK restaurants by HardensBites

Twitter
19 Dec '19

Well done to local restaurant Barbur who have been listed in the top 100 from Harden’s Best UK Restaurants 2020:

The full run-down can be seen here, with some interesting regional stats towards the bottom of the article:

weepy
19 Dec '19

I couldn’t see it the the list - did you mean The Barbary ?! :slight_smile:

marymck
19 Dec '19

It’s at 76

https://www.hardens.com/az/restaurants/london/se23/babur.htm

weepy
20 Dec '19

Doh my bad. I am surprised though. Though Babur is good. I’m not sure it’s top 100 in UK good! But maybe my foodie spidey senses are off.

Audrey_Finch
20 Dec '19

I agree. Bunging a load of sweetcorn into a perfectly good lamb curry buffet might have been the clincher for me. Also, Bubbledogs the 8th best restraunt in London?.. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:?

Warren69
27 Dec '19

Well done to Baburs for making the list: have eaten there a couple of times and was not let down. Though i cannot say the same for the take-away service which was very disappointing on more than one occasion

anon5422159
27 Dec '19

There are two Babur takeaways, which come from different kitchens. We generally got takeaway from the restaurant menu and it was excellent:

ThorNogson
29 Aug '20

The new Babur marquee, put up to celebrate their 35th anniversary, is a lovely place to eat. Light and lots of fresh air with well spaced tables, feels as Covid safe as they can make it. No leaks apparent either in the torrential rain last night!

HannahM
29 Aug '20

Exciting! We’re going for dinner on Monday. Very much looking forward to it!