Bakers corner photo thread

Following from @Andy’s suggestion in this thread I thought I’d start a photo thread to show off our ugly and beautiful baking creations!

Here is my effort today - not a sourdough, just a normal yeasty boy.

9 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bread making advice please

Friday night pizzas yesterday

7 Likes

Right - I am doing pizza tonight!
That looks gorgeous…

2 Likes

Didn’t turn out too well - the base was soggy!

Looks good though!

1 Like

Attempted Rachel Roddy’s pizza di pasqua al formaggio. An Easter yeast bread with Parmesan cheese. Apparently best after two days, but really, it is not going to last that long.

11 Likes

I think you overloaded it Nick. The temptation for the beginner ( so I was once told) is to load the pizza with everything bar the kitchen sink. A soggy pizza is the inevitable result. Less is definitely more when it comes to pizza !

1 Like

That looks amazing. Definitely baking that if I ever locate more flour.

2 Likes

i gather from the newspaper that we have now passed peak ‘home cooking/baking’ and that take aways and deliveries are now on the rise. This may mean that flour is once again in the shops. We who bake all year round live in hope !

3 Likes

Wholemeal loaves today. One to eat, one for the freezer.

7 Likes

And both to make us jealous :grin:

2 Likes

My first loaf of the lock down (first for decades) made with wholemeal flour and yeast from Brown and Green Cafe

After many many attempts I managed to get an order in with Shipton Mill. Have ordered some French flour which I haven’t ever tried - looking forward to fragrant experimentation.

7 Likes

I just finished this rye sourdough bread a couple of hours ago. Will try it out tomorrow.

10 Likes

Great stuff guys !

2 Likes

I did a beer wholemeal bread, with no added yeast, on Saturday. Weird shape. Really hard crust. My husband likes it. Kitchen smelt like a hot stale pub for hours

Yesterday a wholemeal with yeast + half a teaspoon of Doves VitC + a dollop each of black treacle and golden syrup. Lovely flavour and nicely soft. Quite pleased with that one.

Sunday’s wholemeal with yeast camera left; Saturday’s beer bread on right.

6 Likes

While I’m waiting for Sammy Sourdough to get back up to baking fitness after his inadvertently long hibernation, I made piadini for lunch today. Less than an hour from thought to eating - they are simply flour, water/milk, olive oil and salt (baking powder optional), mixed, rested and then cooked in a hot pan.

12 Likes

Today’s bake was English Muffins!
An moderately easy and quick recipe, now cooling ready for the morning

10 Likes

I am so gunna be making that !

They look tasty Nick

1 Like