Bakers corner photo thread

Sourdough focaccia at the weekend was a big success - highly recommend for an alternative sourdough based bake!

13 Likes

Yum :yum:

1 Like

there is some seriously good baking going on around here. great to see.

4 Likes

the bar keeps getting higher

1 Like

Indeed it does:

Red velvet cake:

6 Likes

The bar gets higher and the waistlines get bigger. I like the random sweets on top, artfully scattered.

4 Likes

Latest Sourdough effort…
Getting my recipe down…

8 Likes

Woop Woop !

Uncomplicated white loaves with a touch of rye today. Poached egg on toast in the morning.

8 Likes

Basic white today

6 Likes

lovely coloured crust

Nice texture. Do you use a touch of vinegar to help the eggs hold together in the pan ?

1 Like

Yes I do add vinegar- always helps especially if the eggs are not the very freshest.

I feel a bit embarrassed to post it amongst other folk’s amazing looking loaves, but here’s the little wholemeal I made today.

9 Likes

Actually that looks amazing to me! Great backdrop too!

1 Like

That looks bloody good.

1 Like

Oh the messy kitchen. Oh dear.

1 Like

don’t hesitate - your loaves have looked great - the nice thing about this thread is that we are I hope relaxed about our baking, friendly and interested to have a look at and admire what each other do, while willing to share tips/recipes etc with each other if anyone asks.
The moment it breaks out into a competition I, for one, am off!

7 Likes

That looks lovely - looks like it got a great oven bounce…

1 Like

I’ve made piadini before and made some more today. tastes great with hummus, cut meats, cheese, though mine seems a bit agricultural after seeing yours from the other week.

3 Likes