Archived on 6/5/2022

Be warned if your door bell goes unexpectedly this eve!

Littlefish
2 Mar '18

Some little teenage sh*ts are roaming the streets tonight, ringing doorbells and when you open your door they start shouting intimidating verbal abuse at you as well as throw multiple snowballs at you! (okay so the last bit is a little amusing - I got covered in snow smack in the face).

But seriously, there is a gang of them, and it was a little intimidating. More concerned for folk living on their own as well as elderly neighbours. Use your peep holes if you have them and warn less able neighbours to not open doors in the evening unless they are expecting someone.

And if you suspect its your kids - well! teach them some manners.

We are in FH by the way off Stanstead Rd.

Pea
2 Mar '18

Have you called the Police? Thanks for letting us know. Which part of Standtead road are you near?

Marion_Barry
2 Mar '18

Thank you

Foresthillnick
2 Mar '18

I think i just bumped into them on perry vale. They were chucking snowballs at an elderly couple and we intervened… aggressive little tykes

Emmy
2 Mar '18

Thank you for the warning.

SgtBiddle
2 Mar '18

We are aware and have identified at least one of the youths. His mother has been spoken to.
SgtBiddle

topofthehill
2 Mar '18

Don’t know whether there is any connection with what I experienced on Perry Vale Thursday week ago around 7pm.I was about to get out of a mini cab when a male schoolboy or young teenager opened the door on my side peered in at me at close range, stood uncomfortably close to me, and made faces and gestures that frightened me. He was with at least two other males, possibly his age, and possibly more companions.

When the cab driver remonstrated with him, he indicated, by pointing emphatically at me, that it was not the cab driver that he had an issue with, but me.

One of several witnesses said they were only “kids playing games”. However, being partially immobile and in my mid seventies, I was very shaken. The incident also left me feeling very vulnerable and nervous of being in that vicinity again.

oakr
3 Mar '18

Hello

If they were in a group, is it safe to assume his mother \ parents have got him to identify his ‘friends’ so they can all be spoken to. As you know more than me, the fear of crime, as @topofthehill notes, is very real and completely unacceptable.

Is there anything else we as a community or individuals can do to combat what I guess is perceived low level anti social behaviour, but which has significant impacts on people’s day to day lives?

anon5422159
18 Mar '18

A post was split to a new topic: Updates from your local Safer Neighbourhood Team - Spring 2018