Archived on 6/5/2022

Because sometimes we need humour to help us through these trying times…

ak8
14 Mar '20

THEY’VE GOT TOILET PAPER in COOP if anybody needs some! They just had a big van delivery and I just saw someone walk out! (*I have aimed to block out the face so not to identify or offend anyone)

ak8
14 Mar '20

Also saw this street art updated yesterday! :mask: Thank you to the artist for providing us some humour in these trying times! :+1:

Stay safe and well protected everyone :pray: and help out those more vulnerable as much as you can!

ThorNogson
14 Mar '20

marymck
14 Mar '20

One flush with the lid up and the whole lot’s unusable.

Something I’ve been banging on about for years is that King’s College Hospital have removed the lids from many of their loos. And they wonder why they get outbreaks?

ak8
14 Mar '20

So that’s where all of Aldi Bell Green’s supply went!

ThorNogson
14 Mar '20

Not mine I hasten to add! I couldn’t handle the social shaming.

Meadow
14 Mar '20

Billie
15 Mar '20

We need a “like” button to click. These are great. Thanks.

anon5422159
15 Mar '20

Click the heart - it’s the same thing

ChrisR
15 Mar '20

and Aldi and Lidl in Catford and Sainsburys in Forest Hill!

ak8
15 Mar '20

The selfishness I have witnessed in all of the above shops (as well as Savers in Catford) is utter madness! I hope more signs like this Source Twitter will be put up by staff who have to deal with this behaviour. It will at least put a smile on my face and make the current shopping experience mildly bearable.

ForestHull
15 Mar '20

It’s funny, but a bit harsh as some people are doubtlessly stockpiling because they are either genuinely scared or vulnerable.

ak8
15 Mar '20

I understand we are in a scary concerning time, so people panic buy and stockpile. However it’s the vulnerable and people in need that will inevitably suffer if this continues. I have witnessed some truly vile behaviour in Aldi and Savers Catford and that in it’s self is scary.

None the less as per my subject matter: we sometimes do need to bring in some light humour to help us through these trying times…

marymck
16 Mar '20

And some people are doubling up on some purchases because they’re also buying for vulnerable relatives or neighbours. So here’s hoping the shopkeepers don’t start their own version of rationing.

marymck
16 Mar '20

index

marymck
16 Mar '20

Me trying to get a pneumonia jab …

images

ThorNogson
22 Mar '20

Social distancing may be enforced if necessary.

Pauline
1 Apr '20

This is really funny on FB

Pauline
1 Apr '20

And this

Pauline
1 Apr '20

Another :rofl:

natalieh101
1 Apr '20

I quite liked these…

clausy
1 Apr '20

Oh dear, I can see this thread going downhill fast.

Meanwhile, I spotted this on Overhill Road in East Dulwich - self isolation solutions are getting extreme…

Pauline
1 Apr '20

:rofl: :rofl:

Pauline
1 Apr '20

local DJ Dad online now and playing brilliant music which will make you smile!

GillB
1 Apr '20

Ha ha! I have seen this one, & it has been on the TV as well :blush:

Pauline
1 Apr '20

Brilliant! I will let Trev know xx

Pauline
1 Apr '20

Sure is going downhill @clausy

Think I’ll look like this when I come out of self isolation :rofl:

BTW that is not my comment on the bottom but someone that shared it with me on FB :slight_smile:

Pauline
1 Apr '20

applespider
1 Apr '20

A friend sent me this one. :joy:

Pauline
1 Apr '20

@emmad Can I do a funny workout class for parents next week covering head shoulders knees and toes xx Stay safe hon and love what you have done for all your SE23 kids. Kisses and hugs you have always gave to the community and I have always loved working with you, P xx

Pic credit @JohnRussell for FH Fashion Week

Pauline
1 Apr '20

“Don’t wait for the storm to pass - learn to dance in the rain”

marymck
2 Apr '20

Maybe these two threads on a similar vein could be linked or merged?

anon5422159
2 Apr '20

Done :+1:

ThorNogson
6 Apr '20
applespider
6 Apr '20

And a new slide…

ForestHull
12 Apr '20

This guy has built a (good?) solution for social distancing while cycling:

Anotherjohn
12 Apr '20

Thanks for that - the best 10 minutes of the lockdown so far!
(But now I’m gonna watch some of his other mad creations)

marymck
12 Apr '20

6_161_0

marymck
17 Apr '20

A photo showing a shining example of social distancing? This is from a Damien Egan newsletter. I’m sure they meant well and it was a nice gesture, but couldn’t they have stood apart just for the promo shot …

Quote: Helping the community Here are some highlights of support in our community: Bella Roma in Lewisham delivered Easter Sunday lunch to NHS staff (BBC photo).

Unquote

Pauline
18 Apr '20

This is pretty cool https://www.facebook.com/neptarlee/videos/10159134038416808/

clausy
5 May '20

I do enjoy those random internet ads where they use a stock photo and ‘Rich people in < insert your location here >’… clickbait. This is the most un-Lewisham photo I can imagine. Chinos and a sports blazer, evening dress…

Or did I miss the local opening of some fancy new club?