Archived on 6/5/2022

Best brunch spots in and around SE23

anon5422159
8 Feb '17

Some good recommendations in the article, including Forest Hill’s Aga’s Little Deli and @TheArchieParker.

Any more recommendations for brunch in and around SE23?

starman
8 Feb '17

Canvas and Cream of course.

RobA
8 Feb '17

The cafe is Mayow Park is excellent (although very full of buggies at certain times).

topofthehill
8 Feb '17

Not SE23 but in and around SE23, On The Hoof in Sydenham Road is very popular for brunches.

Brett
8 Feb '17

Agree with the Arlo and Moe recommendation. Hopscotch are good for this too under their new management and the Hattush Turkish breakfast is fab. There is also Norris and Knight on Forest Hill Road and Pedler on Peckham Rye.

anon5422159
21 Feb '17

Brunch lovers are in luck:

starman
21 Feb '17

Bottomless Bloody Mary’s? Hell to the Yes!

Maggie
2 Apr '17

I had coffee today @TheArchieParker. Great coffee and will be back. Hopefully the staff will be a bit more interested in their customers next time.

honoracorn
7 Jan '19

Hey, in answer to the question from @Leah_C on the other thread about avocado on sourdough, relative newcomers Rise Café and Grapes & Grounds can always be relied upon for a good hipster brunch.x

starman
7 Jan '19

So many good brunch locations in Forest Hill. But a current fave is the Lazy Chef in the station forecourt. There Eggs Benedict currently tops my Benny chart in the area.

oakr
7 Jan '19

Not sure if they are open during the week but the Gantry in Brockley was very nice. No 41 on Brockley Rise is meant to be nice also.

AmandaSE23
7 Jan '19

Two spoons for their yoghurt (yes really!) And pulled pork eggs Benedict

GriersonGirl
8 Jan '19

Norris and Knight on Forest Hill Road have really good food, and also a wonderful garden to the rear so you can eat outside in the summer and on nice bright winter days. https://www.instagram.com/cafenorrisandknight/
Grounds and Grapes on HOP is also v good, especially when its cold and raining, and you need a bit more cozy in your life. https://www.groundsandgrapes.co.uk/
Jamii is good for a coffee and pastry with a stroll up Blythe Hill, but I especially like the not for profit element of social enterprise. https://www.myjamiicafe.com/the-jamii-project.html

Emak5
8 Jan '19

Depending on what you like to eat for brunch, The Teapot in Forest Hill is superb. The staff are as warm and friendly as can be and they have the greatest scones I’ve ever tasted. I can’t rate them highly enough.
So glad to stumble upon this cafe after experiencing pretty rude service in Canvas & Cream.

Dave_Benson
8 Jan '19

Gets my vote too (Lazy Chef)

maxrocks
8 Jan '19

Norris and Knight, lovely staff/owners and consistantly good food and lovely drink options.
fairly priced too

maxrocks
8 Jan '19

I second the comment about canvas and cream, had bad service on more than one occasion and overpriced for the food

Leah_C
8 Jan '19

I went to Two Spoons on Sunday for the first time, excellent food but I think they overcharged us :frowning:
Will still go back as the avocado and poached egg on toast was exactly what I wanted, but will keep a eye on the bill!

AmandaSE23
9 Jan '19

Does G&G offer breakfast/brunch weekdays too do you know?