Archived on 6/5/2022

Best free wifi?

starman
10 Jul '17

Continuing the discussion from Smart Benches in Forest Hill:

In the absence of smart benches, what are the best locations in Forest Hill to get free and good wifi? There was an earlier topic focused on cafés though given use of their wifi is often tied to purchases, how about a more comprehensive list to include shops, local amenities in addition to cafés etc… ?

(EDIT) I’ll update contributions to a single list here. Be useful if people could also comment on the quality or speed of connections.

Free Wifi in Forest Hill and Honor Oak Park

General areas

Forest Hill town centre
Street Wifi: 30 minutes free (no time limit for Virgin customers). Works best along London Road up to Sainsbury’s and Dartmouth Road near south circular intersection.

Train stations: Honor Oak Park and Forest Hill
Free wifi provided by the Cloud. Work on all platforms and in the ticket office.

Café and Restaurants

Pubs

The Capitol
Free wifi provided by the Cloud.

Shops

rbmartin
11 Jul '17

Off the tip of my tongue.

Forest Hill and Honor Oak Park stations have free wi-fi provided by The Cloud, this works on both platforms and the ticket office area.

The Capitol also has free wifi from The Cloud.

There is also town centre wide free wifi provided by Street Wifi where you can get 30 minutes free (continuously free if a Mobile by Virgin customer). I’ve found it works along London Road up to Sainsbury’s and the bottom half of Dartmouth Road.