Archived on 6/5/2022

Bin collections delayed by a day due to Bank Holidays

Bolgerp
4 Apr '18

So… because of the Easter bank holidays I know our bin collection day has been pushed back by one day (and confirmed on the Lewisham site)…

https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/wasterecycle/Pages/Bank-holiday-collections.aspx

Normal bin day is today (Wednesday) but revised day is tomorrow… But the recycling men/lorry has just gone past my house emptying any bins left out (of which there aren’t many)… has anyone else had an attempted collection today?

I couldn’t even get to speak to them… by the time I noticed them and ran outside, they were gone down the street…

I do hope they will come around again tomorrow.

starman
4 Apr '18

I’m beginning to think for weeks where collections are affected such as bank holidays or weather, we just leave the bins on the street until emptied.

Brett
4 Apr '18

Just happened here but I managed to talk to one of the bin guys. They are just collecting the food waste. Rest will happen tomorrow.

Bolgerp
4 Apr '18

But the food waste isn’t due to be collected until tomorrow either! Unless they’re going to do it again tomorrow…

Brett
4 Apr '18

I am not disputing that! :slight_smile:

Bolgerp
4 Apr '18

Sorry Brett… wasn’t having a go at you… I just find it strange that they’d collect the food waste today (but no one had any bins out) and again tomorrow…

Brett
4 Apr '18

It’s ok (didn’t take it that way) but in fairness we haven’t established whether the food waste will be collected again tomorrow. I would guess not.

It didn’t seem to matter whether anyone had the food waste bins out as they were collecting them anyway. I managed to add a food waste bag as I heard the bin lorry, and the guy I spoke to kindly waited for me to bring it out and that is how the conversation happened. He was clearly not behind the planning so didn’t give him a hard time about it!