Archived on 6/5/2022

Book club - 5 September @ The Honor Oak

natalieh101
24 Jun '18

@book_club

Thanks to all who came to the last meeting. We’ve decided to take a summer break and have the next catch up in early September. Our book choice was supposed to be Sci Fi themed but I’m having trouble finding good suggestions. So… if anyone has anything they’d like to suggest, DM me - or else I propose we read the Patrick Melrose novels? .I’ll also set up a Whatsapp group for regular members a bit closer to September. Cheers, Natalie

jcuthb1
24 Jun '18

Count me in for 5th Natalie.
Thanks

Jill

PaulG
24 Jun '18

Yes, I’m in, and either idea sounds good.

GraceCat
6 Jul '18

Hi Natalie, I really enjoyed the first one, and sorry I haven’t managed to make any others! I’m looking forward to meeting up again in September.
G

natalieh101
18 Aug '18

@book_club Hi folks, just to confirm the date is set for this as above and the book will be Patrick Melrose, Volume 1 (and 2, if you’re bored).

See you then with your best summer read recommendations. For anyone that wants to join the whatsapp group, DM me your number.

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Sgc
18 Aug '18

Great I have just bought all 5 for £10 so hope I like them! :wink:

Itypes
18 Aug '18

Great. Looking forward to it

Itypes
18 Aug '18

I’m in. See you then.

Ita

PaulG
19 Aug '18

Excellent. See you there.

PaulG
19 Aug '18

How do I DM you?

anon5422159
19 Aug '18

I’ve just enabled private messaging for you

Kate_Howard1
20 Aug '18

Hello! I would love to join the next meeting. I’m guessing it is in October? Thanks!

natalieh101
20 Aug '18

Hi Kate, yep should be in first few weeks of October, will post the date after the September one.

Kate_Howard1
23 Aug '18

Ignore me Natalie. For some reason I was thinking it was September and so thought that I had missed it. I’ll be there in a few weeks time.

Thanks!

natalieh101
23 Aug '18

No worries! See you there!

PaulG
27 Aug '18

In case we’re still considering Sci-fi for the next genre, I’ve had a look at books that won both the Hugo and Nebula awards in the same year. A couple that stood out were, Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie and The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin (Ken Livinstone’s favourite Sci-fi book). Any other suggestions?

PaulG
27 Aug '18

The full list is at the link below.

natalieh101
30 Aug '18

No idea about Sci Fi so happy to go with your recommend! Let’s discuss on Wednesday…

natalieh101
30 Aug '18

@book_club @anon5422159 Just realised that this should be 7:30, but not sure I can edit the time in the header

anon5422159
30 Aug '18

I’ve updated the time. The steps are:

… and then change the time and save the post.

Tatiana_Laud
3 Sep '18

Hi Natalie, I can’t make it this week - work is crazy busy over the next few weeks - but will definitely join in October onwards

Elainne
4 Sep '18

Hi Natalie

I won’t be able to make this meeting but hope to be there next month
Apologies for rubbish attendance!

natalieh101
4 Sep '18

No worries!

system
3 Nov '18

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.