Archived on 6/5/2022

Book club - April

natalieh101
18 Mar '18

@book_club

Thanks to everyone who came this week.

At the next meet up, we will be reading:

The Bricks that Built the Houses, Kate Tempest - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26073155-the-bricks-that-built-the-houses

We’re meeting at The Honor Oak pub @ 7:30pm. The May book choice will be picked by the group at the April meeting (biographies), suggestions welcome at the meeting.

Thanks!

PaulG
18 Mar '18

I’ll be there. This is the cartoon I was talking about:

jcuthb1
18 Mar '18

Thanks Natalie, enjoyed meeting you all. Do you have a date for April yet?

natalieh101
18 Mar '18

Yes! Wed 11th… hopefully it’ll be a bit warmer by then!

Elainne
19 Mar '18

Hi Natalie

Sorry I couldn’t make the meeting after all.

Please could you confirm date of next meeting

Thanks, Elainne

anon5422159
19 Mar '18

Apologies - it looks like the date set on this topic probably didn’t get included in notification emails sent to book club members.

@elainne - the date is Weds 11th April, 7:30pm

@natalieh101 - I’ll speak to the developers about getting dates properly included on notification emails.

Annette_2017
20 Mar '18

I can’t this time but would love to join the next one. Let me know the reading material!

Tatiana_Laud
30 Mar '18

See you there

Sgc
2 Apr '18

Struggling a bit with this book. Just over a week to go and still 346 pages to read :wink:
However think there may be a bit more to discuss about this one…

natalieh101
2 Apr '18

Ha! Yes I know! Forced myself to finish it, I was sitting on a roof terrace in Sicily with wine, which helped! You could always put on some of her tunes while you read…

Katharine_Biernacka
4 Apr '18

Hi Natalie,

Can you confirm date for April’s meet up?

Cheers,

Kath

anon5422159
4 Apr '18

Hi @Katharine_Biernacka - it’s Weds 11th April, 7:30pm.

Due to a bug in the forum this date didn’t come through in notification emails. Apologies for the confusion caused. The bug is now fixed.

CC @natalieh101

Katharine_Biernacka
4 Apr '18

Thanks chris :+1:

natalieh101
10 Apr '18

@book_club
Hi all, we’re still on for this tomorrow, let me know if you can make it:

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

Aysha
10 Apr '18

I can’t make this one due to work commitments but will definitely be at the next one - looking forward to hearing what the next choice is x

Sgc
10 Apr '18

@anon5422159 it looks like the time is still showing incorrectly in the title. Think you mentioned in another thread issue with switch to BST.
Tks

Helenken
10 Apr '18

Sorry to miss this one, I also have a work commitments tomorrow eve! See you next month :slight_smile:

Annabellina
10 Apr '18

Hi - So sorry to have to miss this one as well. Will really do my best for the next one. Work is so erratic I’m afraid. Hope you have a good evening. Lucy

Katharine_Biernacka
11 Apr '18

Yep,

Still on for me!

Kath

Chloe
11 Apr '18

Sorry to miss this evening! Look forward to hearing what the next choice is :smiley:

knot_in_denial
11 Apr '18

Hi Natalie, other bookclubbers. On my way to HOP(ub) but will be a few minutes after 7.30. Apologies!

system
10 Jun '18

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.