Archived on 6/5/2022

Book club - June, at The Honor Oak Pub

natalieh101
14 May '18

Hi all

Next book club will take place on Wednesday 6 June, 7:30pm at The Honor Oak. We’ll be discussing Stay with Me by Ayobami Adebayo. The book is set in 1980s Nigeria and was nominated for the Baileys women’s prize for fiction last year. Link to blurb below, all welcome!

Stay with Me by Ayobami Adebayo -

natalieh101
30 May '18

Hi @book_club - this is still on for next week and as usual everyone welcome. The genre for July will be Sci-Fi if anyone has anything they’d like to recommend.

Let us know if you’re coming and feel free to swing by if you haven’t finished the book…

• Yes I’m coming!
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

natalieh101
6 Jun '18

Hi @book_club, we’re going to cancel tonight and have a break over summer. I’ll put something up at the end of school hols about starting up again in September if people are interested.

Have a great summer!
@anon5422159 not sure if there’s a better way to highlight that we’ve cancelled tonight? Thanks

anon5422159
6 Jun '18

I’ll pin this topic to the top of the homepage and send out a notification on social media.

anon5422159
6 Jun '18
Katharine_Biernacka
6 Jun '18

Oh no!! Have literally just finished my book as well!

I’m sorry I had forgotten to confirm I was coming.

Yes, please let me know when everything is back up and running. I hope it wasn’t cancelled due to low numbers confirming!

K

Tatiana_Lauda
6 Jun '18

Oh no! I was looking forward to it. Love the book! Did anyone see the article in this week’s Grazia about it?

natalieh101
6 Jun '18

@Katharine_Biernacka
@Tatiana_Lauda
@PaulG

I did indeed assume that no one but me and Paul could make it - hence the cancellation… venue still booked tho if you do all still want to do it???

PaulG
6 Jun '18

Thanks Natalie. i’d be very happy to still meet. I loved the book and would like to talk about it. Put it this way, I’ll be there at 7.30pm if anyone else fancies joining me.

Itypes
6 Jun '18

I only just saw this thread after having read the book and left work early! I’d be happy to still go if others are there to get something back from my evening. I’d forgotten to confirm attendance.
Ita.

PaulG
6 Jun '18

I’ll be there.

natalieh101
6 Jun '18

I should still be able to make it too - just might end up being a wee bit late,depending on trains!

PaulG
6 Jun '18

So @Katharine_Biernacka and @Tatiana_Lauda, it looks like we’re going ahead. Hope to see you later

Tatiana_Lauda
6 Jun '18

Great news @PaulG. See you there @Katharine_Biernacka @natalieh101

jonfrewin
6 Jun '18

This is so heartwarming to see! I wish I’d read the book and could make it along myself.

Katharine_Biernacka
6 Jun '18

Oh no!!! I don’t check my email enough. Have only just read this thread. So annoyed with myself although I have had a most excellent guitar session. Can we set up a what’s app group? I would totally see that.

Book was ace, I loved it.

What’s next?

natalieh101
7 Jun '18

Sorry! Accidentally overly dramatic! Paul suggested a whatsapp group too. Think we’ll have a summer break and start again early September. I’ll post some suggestions on the forum for the next book and also set up a Whatsapp group…

system
6 Aug '18

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.