Bread flour alert 🚨

Delivery of white bread flour to Sainsburys by Brockley station this morning. Sold out in short order. I managed to buy a bag. This must surely mean that other Sainsburys have received deliveries as well. Worth checking.

2 Likes

I also saw this earlier, wondered about posting, but it looks like you’ve made just the topic for it:

I think someone said they managed to get a delivery to Woolstone Road, so maybe they are slightly generous with the delivery area?

2 Likes

We get a small delivery to HOP most days. It quickly goes though.

Here’s the reason for the shortage.

3 Likes

I highly recommend Brown & Green’s delivery service!

I ordered flour from Brown & Green on Monday, along with some other goodies (min order is £20). I had it within an hour. I’m fortunate in that I live on the border of Sydenham and Forest Hill so I’m just outside their 1 mile zone (by 100-200 metres). Their ordering system does check the post code but I would contact them out of courtesy first just to check they are happy with delivering to your area.

1 Like

When I ordered this week, when I selected delivery there was a green circle hovering above the map showing areas in and out of delivery. I was definitely not within a mile. About 2.2 and was fine.

1 Like

Thinking about it I suspect their delivery is all of SE23 as the cut off on the map looked like SE6 postcodes which is about a 5 min walk from.

Does anyone need bread flour still?
I managed to get a sack delivered and I am happy to let most of it go - I can bung a couple of kilos in a bag for those that want it.

5 Likes

Thats really kind (once again) Nick. I seem to be ok for now, which I am very pleased about !

Where did you get it, may I ask ?

8 Likes

Bada bada bing - I’m the king! :smiley:

3 Likes

Bakery Bits - took 10 days to get here though

1 Like

A friend owns a bakery on the south coast and are making flour and yeast deliveries by post. They’re not local… but if you’re in dire need of some baking that got me my yeast in a couple days.

1 Like

My daughter got us a big bag of both plain & self raising flour in the Bromley Sainsbury’s in the week. They had some last week as well.

1 Like

The BP on Stanstead road has loads and eggs

2 Likes

Aldi Bell Green had it’s basic plain and self raising flours (only 45p each) back on its shelves Thursday gone…finally. Along with baking powder and baking soda.

1 Like

Honor oak provender has flour too

Price of their eggs the other week was ridiculous, so hope they’ve changed them.

its a Petrol station :joy:

1 Like

I know they must of thought it was a jewellers with golden eggs.:rofl:

Thanks for the link, I received my order of flour from this bakery in Worthing on Friday. Took just 3 days to come through. Paid a £7.50 delivery, but frankly that was worth it to get a stock that will last a few weeks, when round here shop supplies seem unreliable.