Archived on 6/5/2022

Brockwell Lido reopened

Fran_487
19 Jul '20

Has anyone braved the newly-reopened Brockwell Lido, and can report back on how things are operating there?

I’ve read the lengthy procedure outline on their site, which is detailed, but in practice I was wondering how/if it’s actually working out. The idea of “beach changing” without changing rooms in particular raises questions!

Nivag
19 Jul '20

I’m guessing you’ll need something like these https://amzn.to/2DZXPdB

Clair
19 Jul '20

Excellent I didn’t realise they did them for adults, had ones for my boys before.

Or maybe one of these but not in windy weather.

Nivag
20 Jul '20

You’ll be able to rent that out to others to use :grin:

Sandinista
20 Jul '20

I went on Friday and it was great. There’s a well managed queue outside - members have swipe cards but these weren’t working, so a member of staff was checking people in while in the queue. At your designated entry time (10 minute intervals) you are invited through.

People were changing and leaving their bags round the side areas where people usually lounge around. Because numbers are restricted, there’s lots of space. One of the pool side showers is in use, and the pool is split into 3 very wide lanes, which worked well.
Your slot is for 50 minutes - that seems to be done entirely on trust but while I was there seemed to be working well. No real issue with the ‘beach changing’ - again, because there was loads of space, it didn’t feel especially exposed, although i think they did have one loo open which might be an option if that was an issue.

I’m going back - they are booking slots a week in advance and it is selling out so you definitely need to plan in advance.