Archived on 6/5/2022

Calling All Aspiring Actors! (aged 16-25) :slight_smile:

Michael-BHY
16 Jul '18

Hi guys,

My name’s Michael van der Put and I’m the Artistic Director of a local film and theatre company called Broken Hearted Youth. A few years ago we made a short film CALLUM (brokenheartedyouth.com/Callum) in and around Forest Hill that went on to screen at 26 festivals around the world winning 15 awards, we also directed a production of Dennis Kelly’s play DNA at the Brockley Jack.

I’m posting on this forum because on August 20th my company will be running a free week-long workshop teaching performance skills to aspiring actors.

The course was part funded through the Local Assembly fund so ideally we want to work with people from the SE23 area - but to do this I need your help to spread the word!

Our intention is to work with aspiring actors between the ages of 16-25, who may struggle to find opportunities to go into further education. We want to help participants hone their own creative voice and so the week will culminate in a showcase performance at v22. After the course we anticipate a number of opportunities for the participants to become involved in and around the work of the company.

If you have any ideas on how I can better spread the word about the workshop, or any questions please leave them down below.

If you know anyone who might be interested in taking part please ask them to email searchparty@brokenheartedyouth.com

Thanks and best wishes,

Michael van der Put

Artistic Director - Broken Hearted Youth

system
14 Sep '18

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.