In the last week I was speaking to a couple of EU nationals living in London who were not aware they could vote in the upcoming local elections. This is hardly surprising as EU nationals cannot vote in general elections, nor could vote in the EU referendum in 2016. So, if you are:
- a British citizen living in the UK
- a qualifying Commonwealth citizen living in the UK
- a citizen of the Republic of Ireland living in the UK
- a European Union citizen living in the UK
- someone registered to vote as a Crown Servant
- someone registered to vote as a service voter
… you can vote in the local elections on May 3rd as long as you are registered to do so by April 17th.