Archived on 6/5/2022

Cat sitters

starman
16 Sep '16

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable and trustworthy cat sitting service? Planning a holiday and will need someone to visit my two pusses for feeds and cuddles.

MackemJo
16 Sep '16

@starman we have used CDPOM http://www.cdpom.com/cat-sitting/ for the last 3 years and have always been very happy with them; I’d definitely recommend then. I’m verging on obsessive about cat care so I don’t say that lightly! Also have a nest cam which greatly helps my anxiety about leaving them…without wishing to sound like a completely crazy cat lady!

Dave
16 Sep '16

We have been using Cat Calls (http://www.catcalls.co.uk/) for a few years and have been very happy with Jane and her team. When cats have been ill they’ve gone the extra mile and really done a great job of looking after them.

Foresthillnick
16 Sep '16

We use a local lady called Tina who is very good. Ill message you her number…

RachaelDunlop
16 Sep '16

Another recommendation for Cat Calls. Very professional, but cat mad and will make sure your cats get a cuddle and a fuss if that’s what they need.

starman
20 Sep '16

Hi Cazimo. Thank you so much for the offer. At present we have a friend who stays in the house when we travel but there may be a few days gap on this holiday. We’re keen to start a relationship with a service who we can then use for emergencies, holiday periods like Christmas etc…

We sometimes call on friends and neighbours but like to keep those for the real emergencies. So while you’re offer on this occasion is really very kind, we may wait for a time when we really really need the help.

starman
19 Jun '17

So had my initial meet with Cat Calls. And while they haven’t yet done the cat sitting, got to say I loved loved loved Jane. My confidence is the highest I’ve had with a cat sitter. Will be leaving my moggies with a high degree of confidence.

starman
23 Jul '18

I’ve used Cat Calls several times now. My moggies love them. During a recent holiday they also took the time to water pots/boxes/baskets on the patio (for an extra pound). And when I was having an issue with errant peeing from one, Jane came over especially for some practical advice which worked.

If you need a cat sitter for this summer I’d highly recommend.

JuliaNadine
17 Feb '19

Hi there! We’re looking for a friendly and reliable cat sitter to look after our two cats. Sadly it seems like Cat Calls only visits once a day. Since our two cats are indoor cats who definitely don’t pace themselves with food we’re looking for someone who can come twice a day and spend a little time with them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

anon26043310
18 Feb '19

Hi everyone

How long to Cat Calls stay for on their visit?

@JuliaNadine, if you’re unable to find someone to visit your cats more than once a day, have you considered getting a timed cat feeder? It will release the food at a certain time, preventing them from eating it in one go.

GillB
18 Feb '19

Hi JuliaNadine,
A friend of mine told me last week that Cats protection society do cat sitting. They charge £11 per visit. She has a cat that was a rescue cat & is very nervous, so I think wants them to visit twice a day.
I don’t know if that would be any good…her name is Kathy Vanner, tel no: 07954 172203. My friend lives in Crofton Park, so not far away.

starman
18 Feb '19

It very much depends. Sometimes it is a quick 10 minutes. Other times a half an hour. And of course that depends on how much interaction my cats want. The friendly one sleeps the most. The skittish one will hide from anyone else.

It can be difficult to find someone who will go twice a day, and if they do at hours that closely match their feeding cycle. I find most try to keep to a day time only schedule and the one I once used (elsewhere) was visiting three hours apart to fit in with their visit schedule.