Email received from London Overground this morning:
We are replacing our ticket office machines and you will soon no longer be able to buy or top up your Oyster card at London Overground or TfL Rail ticket office windows. This is because the current machines will no longer be supported by their manufacturer.
The changes will take effect from:
- Wednesday 9 June at Hanwell, Manor Park, Maryland and West Drayton TfL Rail stations
- Tuesday 15 June at all other TfL Rail stations
- Monday 21 June at London Overground stations
Our stations will continue to sell a full range of National Rail tickets. You will still be able to buy and top up Oyster cards at station ticket machines, through our website, using the TfL Oyster app or at Oyster Ticket Stops. Our station staff will also be able to assist you as required, including adding a discount (such as Railcards) to Oyster cards.
You can also, create a contactless or Oyster account and add your Oyster card, to:
- check your pay as you go credit and top up
- check your payment and journey history
- register your card to apply for refunds or replacements
- report your card if it’s lost or stolen so no one else can use it
Our self-serve ticket machines have been upgraded and provide the same functionality as ticket offices, except for the sale of annual season tickets, which customers will need to buy online.
General Manager, London Overground