The 2018 constituency boundary change is being discussed in the opt-in Politicos section of SE23.life.
Since this news has local impact, we’re announcing it to the wider forum, and if you’d like to join our in-depth discussions, please opt-in to Politicos by replying to this topic.
- The number of constituencies in London must reduce from 73 to 68
- By law, every constituency we propose must contain between 71,031 and 78,507 electors
- We largely use local government wards as the building blocks for proposed constituencies
- We try to retain existing constituencies where possible
- We try to have regard to geographic factors
The independent, impartial Boundary Commission is currently consulting the public on the proposed changes. To find your nearest meeting, the dates are listed here (Bromley is 20-21st October)