Archived on 6/5/2022

Changes to Parking Times in Dartmouth Road?

Michael
1 Nov '18

I’m interested to know how the changes to the parking provision on Dartmouth Road has worked since the road reopened.

Do you use shops in Dartmouth Road more/less often since April?
Do you park more/less often in Dartmouth Road since April?

What would you like to see happen to parking times on Dartmouth Road?

• Reduce parking times to 20 minutes
  • Keep parking times at 30 minutes
  • Increase parking times to 60 minutes
  • Increase parking times to 120 minutes

0 voters

AndyS
1 Nov '18

30 minutes seems about right. If anyone needs longer than that then it’s worth their while going to one of the pay-and-display car parks. Any less and you could get hammered by an over-keen parking warden - especially if there’s a bit of a queue in front of you at Rob’s Barbers!

Dave
1 Nov '18

A slight increase (to 50/60 mins) would hopefully reduce the stress on Thorpewood Ave / Derby Hill.

Forestbird
1 Nov '18

I dont think 30 minutes is long enough to get your hair or nails done or eat lunch or pop in to the gym or have a swim…as most of the places on Dartmouth road consist of those amenities it makes sense to encourage customers to stay long enough to enjoy them. A longer time period would also encourage more people to have a stroll round the other shops towards Sainsbury.

AndyS
1 Nov '18

30 minutes is plenty of time to get MY hair done! :joy:

EmmaJ
1 Nov '18

Unfortunately I doubt it will but it looks like the residents and councillors will try to come up with a solution to make these roads more pleasant and less polluted for the residents and kids attending the two local primary schools.

Forestbird
1 Nov '18

Would also be good to hear from the shop owners on this subject. Whatever can be done to help the high street should be done.