Archived on 6/5/2022

Christmas Openings (for booze)

starman
21 Dec '16

Hey ho campers.

What local drinking holes are open Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day? You know, just in case I have to escape.

squashst
21 Dec '16

Brockley Jack is open Christmas Day 12 to 2/2:30pm for drinkers (then they are expelled so they can concentrate on serving the Christmas Dinners). The Chandos I believe is not open Christmas Day but is Boxing Day (I suspect most watering holes are open on BD).

topofthehill
21 Dec '16

All Inn One open for drinks Christmas eve, Bricklayers Arms open Christmas day for drinks until around 2 30, I think, The Graces Witham Street Anerley open for drinks Christmas day until 3.

Stephen
23 Dec '16

Prince of Wales open 12-3 (last orders 2.30ish) on Christmas day.

Estelle
19 Aug '19

Hello! I know it’s (mega) early but does anyone know anywhere close-ish that does lunch or drinks on Christmas Day? We’re getting back from honeymoon at 8am and plan to have a laaaaazy one!

topofthehill
19 Aug '19

All Inn One does drinks on Christmas Day until around 2/2.30 pm, as does the Bricklayers Arms in Dartmouth Road.
Lugana in Elmers End and The Pearl (formerly Sea Salt) in Beckenham do Christmas day lunch, but you need to book months ahead. We had a superb lunch at Sea Salt last year- couldn’t fault it.
Various pubs in Dulwich do Christmas Day lunch.
And I think the Honor Oak also does lunch.

squashst
19 Aug '19

The Brockley Jack (close to Crofton Park) normally has bar open to 2pm for drinks. Does sit down Christmas nosh - but you would need to reserve. Food would be fairly standard Christmas fayre.

The Babur Indian restaurant at Honor Oak Park opens on Christmas Day. It would be good food…but at a fairly sizeable price (though actually maybe not so much more expensive than a Christmas Day meal at the Jack).

Appreciate that there is no public transport on Christmas Day so whether the above is useful depends where you are!