Archived on 6/5/2022

Christmas Tree Recycling points 2018/19

anon5422159
25 Dec '18

ForestHull
25 Dec '18

There’s a full list from Lewisham here:

https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/news/Pages/Recycle-your-real-Christmas-tree.aspx

Last year both Mayow Park entrances on Mayow Road had drop off points.

ForestHull
6 Jan '19

Drop-offs are certainly going well in Mayow park today:

starman
6 Jan '19

Cricket. We just dropped ours off. That is a might mountain of trees.

tashya14
9 Jan '19

Hi all - we are new to the area - Waldram Park Road - and don’t have a car or the means to easily chop up our tree (nor a garden waste bin - have been waiting 12 weeks!). Can anyone tell us if any of these points are easily walkable ? Or if anyone near us would be heading to one soon and be willing to take ours ? Or even keep it to replant ! Any help appreciated :slight_smile:

jonfrewin
9 Jan '19

There is someone on the SE23 Mums group on Facebook offering Christmas tree disposal to a recycling point for £5. I’ve suggested they contact you here.

tashya14
9 Jan '19

That’s great , thanks so much :slight_smile:

starman
9 Jan '19

Ha! My mate (who actually lives quite close to you) has a pick up truck. He did mine for me on Sunday and a few other friends in the 'hood. I did suggest a service for a fiver and he (we) could use the proceeds to support local drinking establishments during Dry January.

Win/win/win.

Jo_J
13 Jan '19

Do you know if they’re still offering this service? Our car has broken down and we shamefully still have our tree up as a result so we’d be very interested.
Thanks

jonfrewin
14 Jan '19

It looks like the person in question never came on here to offer his services to the previous poster, so I presume he decided to not pursue the project.

LukeSlatford
14 Jan '19

Can you remind me, was you taking a ‘management fee’ out of the deal? :joy:

starman
14 Jan '19

Tell us about the flat tyre again?