Archived on 6/5/2022

Christmas tree sale in Forest Hill?

Marina
11 Nov '16

Hello,

Is there a Christmas tree sale in Forest Hill? I am a new resident in the area (moved here in January) and still getting to know what this wonderful community has to offer. Any tips much appreciated.

Thanks,
Marina

RachaelDunlop
11 Nov '16

Christmas trees are sold around the back of Forest Hill station, between the rear entrance to the station and Forest Hill Cars. There’s a small lot there where they set up every year.

If you are feeling charitable, you can also get a tree, either local pick up or delivery from http://kingschristmastrees.org. All proceeds go to local homeless charities.

Welcome to the hood!

Marina
11 Nov '16

Great thanks! I live in Forest Croft on Taymount Rise so I have not explored the other side of the station as much…one more reason to do so. Thanks for your swift response! I love love love Forest Hill :slight_smile:

Foresthillnick
11 Nov '16

Shannon’s Garden Center normally have a good range - they should be in stock in a week or so

Londondrz
11 Nov '16

Horniman School also do threes. Not sure if it is open to non parents but I will check for you.

Pauline
11 Nov '16

Welcome to FH Marina & this forum. We all love FH too :two_hearts::two_hearts:

oakr
11 Nov '16

The car park for the Cricket Club on the corner of the South Circular becomes a Xmas Tree market and is pretty good - on the corner of South Circular and Lordship Lane.

starman
11 Nov '16

The place @oakr noted is this one

https://www.christmasforest.co.uk/

Been buying trees from here for years. Very high quality

Marina
12 Nov '16

Thanks all, a few options. I will explore…

anon86223367
12 Nov '16

The lot next to the station also do free delivery to the local area. Always get mine there.

Irmani_Smallwood
12 Nov '16

Shannon’s seconded here - great quality and free delivery. And I like to support our local garden centre :slight_smile:

perky
12 Nov '16

Another vote for Shannon’s here. We bought our tree from them last year & thought it was the best tree we had bought in the five years we have lived in Forest Hill. Welcome to FH :slightly_smiling_face: X

TimLund
12 Nov '16

Double take there. Where would people be mooring their yachts round here, even if we had any?

Timmo44
12 Nov '16

The place next to the station entrance on Perry Vale has the most expensive Christmas trees I’ve ever seen. They wanted £50 for a little 6ft one the one and only time we went in there. Sainsburys are a better bet.

Pauline
12 Nov '16

Haha Tim, if only xx

Marina
12 Nov '16

Haha!

AndyS
14 Nov '16

It’s a new plan to take advantage of all the burst water mains we seem to get around here.

Brett
14 Nov '16

Next to the Signal would make sense as that is a genuine bit of canalside, albeit sans canal.

Pauline
14 Nov '16

TimLund:
Where would people be mooring their yachts round here, even if we had any?

Why in the sink holes of course :joy::joy::joy:

Daffodil
16 Nov '16

I can confirm that Shannons has a great selection of Christmas trees, I was there yesterday and the smell was lovely.

BingBong
17 Nov '16

Hi Marina. If you go for King’s Christmas trees you will also help Lewisham homeless people so it’s both good for you and our less fortunate neighbours. We’ve ordered from them for the last couple of years and their Nordmann firs are good quality and well worth the money. You can pick up or they will deliver. Let’s spread the goodwill to all men (and women)…

Timmo44
19 Nov '16

There is a yacht permanently moored in a garden near us in Castlands Road. Does this count?

Londondrz
20 Nov '16

There is a yacht behind FH station.

Stimpy
20 Nov '16

You say £50 is expensive for a 6ft tree, despite the fact that the other two places mentioned “Kings Christmas Trees” and “Christmas Forest” both sell 6ft trees at £45-55. The cheapest you probably get a proper, authentic tree at that height is at that £45 price minimum. Even artificial ones online are £80-90.

Londondrz
20 Nov '16

Homebase do a six footer for around £35.

Stimpy
20 Nov '16

Found one online for £40, artificial. It’s alright.

Londondrz
20 Nov '16

No dropped needles, no crap in or on the car. No chopping it up into tiny tiny pieces. Heaven.:grin:

Stimpy
20 Nov '16

You’re making too many relevant and correct points, dang!

Timmo44
20 Nov '16

Aldi wanted £20 for a 6ft Scottish tree last year. The most I ever paid was for a 7ft one from Homebase that was some special variety that looked lovely and that was £35.

Timmo44
28 Nov '16

B&Q doing 6ft real trees for £20 right now.

Pauline
28 Nov '16

Both Shannons & SE23 cabs are donating trees to the library :slight_smile:

SE26.life
23 Nov '18

Some more suggestions here:

https://se26.life/t/where-to-buy-your-christmas-tree/958