Archived on 6/5/2022

Clapton Craft (Craft beer shop)

anon5422159
18 Feb '17

Updated: Opens Feb 28th at 1pm. 10 Perry Vale.

Hopefully will compliment the selection of beers on offer at @CraftybeerSE23, and turn Perry Vale into a destination for buying craft beer :beers: :thumbsup:

ClaptonCraft
21 Feb '17

Thanks Chris! A busy week ahead but looking to open next Tuesday 28th at 1PM. Looking forward to getting open and talking beer (and wine & spirits) with the good folk of Forest Hill! We’ll be giving out free totes with all purchases on opening day.

starman
21 Feb '17

Hi @ClaptonCraft. Looking forward to the opening. Any chance you might be stocking Peckham Pils from Brick Brewery?

ClaptonCraft
21 Feb '17

Thanks very much. Yes just placing initial orders now - 7 Brick Brewery beers including the Peckham Pils :slight_smile:

anon5422159
25 Feb '17

I met Tom (@ClaptonCraft) last night and had a sneaky peek around the new shop as the stock arrived. A truly vast selection of craft beer, and a very classy-looking growler area. Looking forward to the opening on Tues!

FHGinClub
25 Feb '17

It might interest some of you to know that @ClaptonCraft have very kindly offered all Gin Club members a 5% discount on their gin selection.

Just show your membership card.

anon5422159
27 Feb '17
anon5422159
28 Feb '17

Really impressed with @ClaptonCraft. Friendly staff, great selection of products, nice decor, a very fancy set of growlers and bottling facilities.

starman
28 Feb '17

Is that the Forest Hill one? Wowza!

anon5422159
28 Feb '17

Yup, just been in and checked it out.

Bolgerp
28 Feb '17

fnarr

Londondrz
28 Feb '17

Growler? I have heard of a growler but not associated with beer.

armadillo
28 Feb '17

I know where I’ll be taking the kids on Saturday then… daddies new magical wonderland! :heart_eyes:

starman
28 Feb '17

It looks amazing. Can’t wait to give it a try.

It will be tough though on Crafty Beer. Perhaps a challenge to up the game a bit there.

Perhaps they do child size growlers.

anon17648011
28 Feb '17

Very excited about this - going to pop in after work (they’re open until 9pm apparently). My only minor gripe may be on price. Can’t really justify regularly spending £2.50+ for a 330ml can, more of a special occasion beer shop than for session beers. Also you have to buy empty growlers for £6 - I would have thought they should then knock £1 off each of the first 6 times you fill up but I don’t believe that’s the case but will enquire. I hope it’s a massive success though.

Oh and if anyone is looking to fill a growler this week I’ve had the Beavertown Lupoloid and it is AMAZING. A really tropical IPA (but not in a sickly way) but punchy at 6.7%

PiazzaCucina
28 Feb '17

Welcome to Perry Vale!! :+1:t2:

simonk133
28 Feb '17

Went in this evening. Nice layout and good range. They also have their own branded bags and glasses. Range is similar to Hop Burns and Black in East Dulwich or the two shops near Brockley station, but certainly the best you’ll find in SE23. Quite busy when I went in so word has obviously got around.

Pauline
28 Feb '17

@ClaptonCraft welcome to our merry gang!

Hope your opening was amazing :slight_smile:

Drop me your email so I can add you to our @FHTA Google group.

I’ve followed you on twitter via my shop, FH Fashion Week, FH Arts, & FH Food Assembly :slight_smile:

TomAngel
1 Mar '17

I had no idea this was happening. Great news. Hope you are one late for those last minute restocks!
Good luck with it. And look forward to buying some beer!!

djrightmove
8 Apr '17

Any chance you can get beers from Tickety Brew up in Manchester?

anon5422159
27 Sep '17

Looks good, @ClaptonCraft!

ClaptonCraft
30 Sep '17

Thank you Chris. For commuters exiting the ticket gate, being able to spot the lit-up bear logo from the station has done us a world of good and with the additional positive reviews via Google etc coming in, it’s almost like our own little red map pin.

YorkshireLad
7 Jun '20

From the looks of things, it’s reopening on Thursday 11th according to their website. :beer::beer::beer:

John_Wilson
7 Jun '20

Walked past yesterday - shutters up - but devoid of all stock. Hopefully preparing for Thursday

Pea
7 Jun '20

We’ve been having regular deliveries from them as have a few friends so hoping they survive this. Their service is excellent.

chamonix
7 Jun '20

chamonix
7 Jun '20

From Thursday I will no longer have to guiltily go to the butchers and only come out with booze.

Irmani_Smallwood
7 Jun '20

Really pleased they are reopening. I now have divided loyalties though as both the Beer Cave in Sydenham and Jones of Brockley have remained open and introduced me to some great new beers. Maybe we’ll just need to buy more beer!

grumpyjh
8 Jun '20

We’ve had a couple of deliveries from these guys recently and the service has been ace. So glad to see their FH store reopening. Great little local business.