Archived on 6/5/2022

Coming soon - children’s book shop

Sandinista
20 Sep '17

There’s a coming soon sign for a new children’s book shop where The Hue was, on David’s Rd.

Ed
21 Sep '17

I’m excited about this. It’s going to be the ‘bricks and mortar’ store for Smallprint.

From their website:

Smallprint is about the types of kids’ books that we love as adults, books that we hope the whole family will enjoy. Our virtual shelves are all ‘curated’ for want of a better word, they are not your standard paperbacks (which are also great by the way…), they are a little bit special. Captivating storytelling, awe-inspiring imagery from some seriously talented illustrators and artists, brilliant interactive books for babes and crafty masterpieces for the pre-schoolers. The best of the best from a range of small and independent publishers, all enjoyed and road-tested in our own home.

starman
21 Sep '17

Sounds a great enterprise. I guess this is their first storefront?

I may be ordering this book for myself.

Smallprintbooks
21 Sep '17

Hello!

Just joined up here as despite living in Forest Hill for 4 years Smallprint hasn’t existed on this forum before.

Thanks for sharing info about my new shop guys, it’s really exciting and I hope everyone will welcome us and say hi! The online shop has been around for 2.5 years and the new shop will be a sort of hybrid space where I will run the website, welcome customers to browse the books and also hold events like book signings, storytelling, workshops and classes for babies and toddlers.

I will be back with more info soon and hopefully have a little launch party in October!

:smiley:

Em_E_Gore
22 Sep '17

This is Fabulous news!!!

Welcome to the area!

Emily Gore
Canvas & Cream

Em_E_Gore
22 Sep '17

If you don’t mind me asking, which shop are you entering?

divya_m
3 Oct '17

Smallprintbooks
3 Oct '17

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the delay, been busy squirrelling away getting ready to welcome you all! The shop is at 37 David’s Road, just down from Rubadubs and next to the garage. We’ve been overwhelmed at the number of people stopping to say hello, the support is so encouraging!
I will be back with news of an opening date very soon, just got a couple of bits to iron out :smiley:

See you soon at Smallprint!

Jenny

divya_m
5 Oct '17

I just noticed that the space next door to this says “Stay and Play area coming soon. Watch this space”. Very exciting!!

Smallprintbooks
5 Oct '17

Yes there is a lady who is opening up a stay and play space at number 39 which is very cool. I believe that she is aiming for the beginning of November!