Archived on 6/5/2022

Convert VHS to Digital Service

DaMo
6 Jan '20

VHS videotapes deteriorate over time, not to mention equipment for such movie formats are becoming obsolete.

Our tape conversion service provides industry-leading transfers of camcorder tapes and videotapes to MP4 or MOV format and can be provided on USB stick or cloud download.

Price per VHS tape:
£20 up to 2 hours
£10 (additional) for anything over the 2 hours

Price per Camcorder tape:
£10 up to 1 hour
£5 (additional) for anything over the 1 hour

16GB USB Memory Stick: £5
(One memory stick containing all your files, one MP4/MOV file is provided per videotape. Perfect for using with your computer or TV)

Privacy Policy: Your personal data will remain adequately protected and will be held for 30 days before being permanently deleted. All original VHS cassette tape and any copies made will be provided to you.

Based in SE23, London (FH resident for over 13 years)

ForestHull
6 Jan '20

I love that picture, very nostalgic!

promofaux
6 Jan '20

Oooh! I found an old camcorder tape in my stuff when I was moving last year, I have no idea what is on it, and no way of playing it! I may just use your services to find out!

It’s one of these, if that makes any difference

DaMo
7 Jan '20

Hi and thank you. The picture and rewatching ones old VHS home videos certainly takes you on a trip down memory lane.

DaMo
7 Jan '20

Hi and sorry unfortunately it does make a difference. That is a Video8 tape and a VHS adaptor was never made for these or the MiniDV tapes, due to the tape being 8mm in width, whereas the VHS tape is 0.5 inch in width. The smaller VHS-C tape was also 0.5 inch and hence came with an adaptor. I can therefore only convert VHS tape and VHS-C tape to digital at the moment, unless you have a Video8 camcorder to play the tape back on as I currently don’t?

promofaux
7 Jan '20

Doh! Then the tape shall remain a mystery for a bit longer :slight_smile: I might see if I can pick up a cheapy Video8 camcorder on the internet, though!

Thanks anyway

Sgc
7 Jan '20

Hello, I have 2 old tapes from grandparents (certainly VHS). What is the best way of contacting you to discuss options. One of the tapes is no more than 30mins. Probably easier to discuss off forum over email or phone. Please advise.
Tks Sarah

umf
7 Jan '20

HI. Is there a way to contact you other than on here?

DaMo
7 Jan '20

Hi Sarah, thanks for your message. I can’t find a way to private message you on the forum, so please reach out to me at the following email address and we can discuss further:

vhs2digitalse23@gmail.com

Thanks,
Dale

DaMo
7 Jan '20

Hi umf, thanks for your message. I can’t find a way to private message you on the forum, so please reach out to me at the following email address and we can discuss further:

vhs2digitalse23@gmail.com

Thanks,
Dale

Sgc
13 Jan '20

Hello,
Just to advise I have used this service and can confirm all genuine and very happy with the result. Dale managed to turn the tapes into digital format within 24 hrs over the weekend which was great. Had been procrastinating for 4 years. Was able to drop off tapes locally which was easy.
Dale also offered the digital version in 2 formats depending on which work on your laptop/tv etc.

Ps @DaMo shall let you know once 100% sure my copies work on my TV and then will let you know so can delete your back up copies.