Archived on 6/5/2022

Cool men’s vintage clothes shop coming soon to Dartmouth Road!

Pauline
17 Jun '17

Crazy Man Crazy will be joining our merry gang on D Rd very soon :+1::+1:

Here’s a review by Time Out

starman
17 Jun '17

Dear TimeOut

Why would someone have to go to Crystal Palace station when Forest Hill station is much closer?

Pauline
17 Jun '17

Jason, the shop was previously in Crystal Palace but is coming to D Rd now :+1:

starman
17 Jun '17

Oh. That wasn’t particularly clear in the announcement.

But nonetheless this is a great news for Forest Hill. I’ve always thought this was becoming an outstanding centre for retro/vintage goods. Maybe this is a sign that SE23 is taking over from Crystal Palace.

maxrocks
17 Jun '17

Its a brilliant shop-me and my old man used to go to CP just to shop there.
I brought myself the only jeans Ive ever loved and enjoyed wearing there (He does a bit of girls stuff these are girls 50’s style jeans)- so good I went back and got a spare.
really well priced and great stock.
I’m so chuffed he’s moving here I know he was looking at Kirkdale originally.
Lovely owner great stock a welcome addition.

Pauline
17 Jun '17

And thanks to @Anotherjohn for finding him a retail space :+1:

mwfrost
20 Jun '17

Do we know when it’s going to be open id love to pop by and have a visit as new to the area and have a keen interest in fashion and art

Pauline
20 Jun '17

@Anotherjohn will be able to answer that question better than me, though work started on Monday so not long at all.

Welcome to the area & the forum & feel free to pop by to have a chat about www.fhfw.co.uk & FH Arts anytime.

More than happy to get you involved in either if you want too :+1:

mwfrost
23 Jun '17

Thanks Pauline,
I will have to certainly pop by say hi and have a chat on my next day off :grinning:

robin.orton
23 Jun '17

I wish there was a non-cool men’s clothes shop in FH or Sydenham, where I could buy (for example) handkerchiefs.

mwfrost
23 Jun '17

Pocket squares and more hopefully soon for you by the sounds of it

robin.orton
24 Jun '17

I don’t want a ‘pocket square’, I want something to blow my nose on.

Anotherjohn
24 Jun '17

If I may be excused (?) - a snot rag.

Anotherjohn
24 Jun '17

Hi mwfrost.

Although the details of this new business is probably no secret, I think it would be more appropriate for the people involved to make it public rather than me.

It won’t be too long now though!

robin.orton
24 Jun '17

That is indeed an expression I recall from my primary school playground.

mwfrost
24 Jun '17

:joy: what a beautiful description

mwfrost
24 Jun '17

I can’t wait !!! :heart:

Pauline
10 Aug '17

A little dickybird told me this is opening today!

starman
10 Aug '17

Is this where Wild Horses is?

starman
10 Aug '17

Ah… I see from Twitter that Wild Horses has been split and the other half will be this new vintage men’s shop. Gotcha!

Pauline
10 Aug '17

Yup, and Wild Horses is reopening tomorrow, been up to have a look at both this morning & they are looking ace :+1::+1::+1:

InTheNightGarden
10 Aug '17

What great news! All we need is a fishmongers, fruteriers and an M&s and I will not need to go to Dulwich again! I love that end of Forest Hill. The Aldlife charity shop is wonderful.

starman
10 Aug '17

There is both with Waters Enterprises on Perry Vale. Though Waters has been close for a few weeks due to personal circumstances. They tweeted yesterday they would reopen at the end of August.

InTheNightGarden
10 Aug '17

I’m disabled and don’t drive. from the swimming pool to Sainsbury’s is all I can manage. I can’t climb the steps at the station subway so would have to go the long way round. Thank you for letting me know though.

Anotherjohn
12 Aug '17

Stix
12 Aug '17

Excellent news, mens clothing in forest hill, who’da thought. Although I have bought some items from Bunka.

topofthehill
12 Aug '17

I remember two mens’clothing shops in Forest Hill - one selling designer clothes by one particular designer whose business it was, in Dartmouth Road, the other further down near the Signal.