Archived on 6/5/2022

Covid-19 Vaccination available for 18 and over

oakr
13 Apr '21

I can’t see anything on the council website yet, but you can book appointments online now here at Lewisham Hospital:

The Jenner at present I can’t see how you can book there, or maybe they are organising themselves.

Anyway, we got 1st dose next week, and you can also book your second dose which for us is early July now.

Eligible groups:

Book or manage your coronavirus vaccination

Use this service to book a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination or manage your appointments.

Who can use this service

You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

• you are aged 45 or over
  • you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
  • you have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
  • you have a learning disability
  • you get a Carer’s Allowance, get support following an assessment by your local authority or your GP record shows you are a carer

If you think you are an eligible unpaid carer who has not been contacted for your coronavirus vaccination, speak to your GP surgery.

If you are eligible to use this service but cannot get an appointment, speak to your GP surgery.

Find out more about who is eligible to have a coronavirus vaccination.

Book your appointments

You need to:

• have 2 doses of the coronavirus vaccine at 2 appointments
  • book both appointments at the same time
  • get the 2nd dose 11 to 12 weeks after getting your 1st dose

You can use this service for someone else.

If you’ve had a positive COVID-19 test, you should wait 4 weeks from the date you had the test before you book an appointment.

If you’re under 30, you will not be offered appointments for the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. There may be fewer appointments available or you may have to travel further.

Book my appointments

ChrisR
13 Apr '21

I’m only a short walk from The Jenner but not a patient there so couldn’t have my jab there as they’re only vaccinating their own patients and patients of specific other local surgeries. Patients of Woolstone Medical Centre (where I’m registered) and the Vale are being done at Sydenham Green.

As I had the NHS letter first and found there was a vaccination centre at Lewisham Hospital which is an easy journey on the 185 bus I booked to have my jab there. On the day once I found the vaccination centre (there was no signage at the main entrance as apparently they were waiting for more signs to arrive!) I was very impressed with how well everything was organised and I was in and out in about 20 minutes.

If there are still no signs around the main entrance for the vaccination centre follow the signs for the Blue Zone or the Ladywell Unit. You should then pick up the signs but if you miss them the vaccination centre is in the Lessof Auditorium and the entrance is down a pathway on the right-hand side just before the Ladywell Unit which is on the left.

Watershed
13 Apr '21

Got mine this morning… chose to go to new cross as the journey is nice and easy. Loads of appointments free and no one else there!

Edit: closest I was offered was down towards beckenham weirdly

applespider
14 Apr '21

I came into Guys this morning. 15 mins on the train felt just as quick as going over to Lewisham and will take a walk along Thames etc.

Moderna on offer there today.

oakr
14 Apr '21

Got a message from Jenner Practice today so have cancelled the Lewisham Hospital ones and now at the Jenner this Friday which is brilliant.

LeslieFH
14 Apr '21

Does anyone know what vaccine they are offering at Lewisham hospital centre?

oakr
14 Apr '21

I don’t know, but I suspect even if someone today says they got vaccine X, it doesn’t mean tomorrow you would get the same one. If you are under 30 I believe you get directed to somewhere you will get a non AZ one, but that’s about it possibly bar some at risk groups.

Personally I will take any I am given, and will be grateful to do so. Ultimately I believe they are all overwhelmingly safe and the benefit of taking them for the vast majority of people far outweighs any risks and benefits everyone else.

We are hugely lucky in this country to not only have a great suply of vaccines but also an NHS, Doctors, Pharmacies, Volunteers that has made the rollout such a success so far.

Michael
14 Apr '21

Did exactly the same going to the jenner on wednesday rather than lewisham.

Sherwood
15 Apr '21

One of my friends is a doctor. He has had a very bad reaction to the vaccine. But he still recommends getting vaccinated.

ChrisR
15 Apr '21

I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine at Lewisham back in March (with absolutely no side effects at all) but I think it can vary depending on what they have had delivered. I don’t think you can guarantee to get a particular vaccine at any vaccination centre unless you’re under 30 and therefore won’t be offered the Astra Zeneca one.

ForestHull
15 Apr '21

I had Astra Zeneca at Sydenham Green back in March, also with absolutely no side effects at all. I kinda wondered if that means my immune system is either really good, or really bad!

Either way, I’m happy to be lucky enough to have had the first dose.

oakr
15 Apr '21

If probably means:

a) you are an alien sent to take over the planet
b) I’ve watched too many films in lockdown

Nivag
15 Apr '21

I had AstraZeneca yesterday and no side effects.
Get it done peeps :+1:t2:

applespider
15 Apr '21

My left arm feels a bit like I did a huge weights workout yesterday but otherwise I feel absolutely fine.

Meadow
16 Apr '21

I had my first AstraZenica jab on March 18th. From my experience, If you’re vunerable, you get a link to local vaccine centre but if you’re not you have to rely on the NHS website. My husband who is vulnerable was offered a centre less than 10 minute’s walk away. I had to drive 3 miles. It does depend on how good the local health authority is. Merton aren’t that good.

Meadow
16 Apr '21

Be prepared for a reaction. My symptoms were extreme tirdness - I slept for a day. Hangover minus the headache - I was so woosy and had an arm that ached for nearly a week.

oakr
16 Apr '21

Just got mine done at The Jenner this morning, which was the AZ one. So far so good.

They are also offering blood pressure tests after the vaccine (optional).

oakr
19 Apr '21

Just thought I’d update this. I had some mild side issues, same as my brother, which for me were a fever later in the day Friday and through the night and then very tired the next day with some fever on and off Saturday but all back to normal Sunday. I don’t want to put anyone off, but additionally you might want to book it the day after you are doing something important as opposed to the day before, or on a Friday to have the weekend to recover (of course you may have no side issues like many).

ForestHull
24 Apr '21

12 posts were split to a new topic: Vaccination

HannahM
25 Apr '21

So I had AZ yesterday afternoon. By late Saturday evening I felt tired and a bit nauseous. Bit of a rough night - headache, aching legs and back, woke at 2am absolutely freezing cold and then again at 4am feverish and drenched in sweat.

Beginning to feel a bit better now but suspect it will have to be a very easy day today.

Sherwood
25 Apr '21

I had the AstraZeneca vaccination, but felt nothing afterwards.
My neighbour, who is younger and much fitter than I am, felt terrible after his vaccination. It seems that age helps with the vaccine, but not with the virus!
I advise everyone to plan for at least one easy day when you are vaccinated.

TomAngel
25 Apr '21

This post was flagged and is temporarily hidden.

applespider
25 Apr '21

To clarify, this particular thread is about vaccinations being available so we, as a group of moderators, have tidied it up to reflect what is available in SE23 and for people to comment on their experience.

We moved TomAngel’s posts questioning the lockdown/vaccination approach to a new thread to keep this one on track - and, so that if others wanted to engage, they could. This is designed to be a forum that covers local matters and a debate on the rights/wrongs on COVID approach is straying into more general politics. However, as things are staying relatively civil, we have left it up for now.

Tom is entitled to his views and others are entitled to theirs. Both can likely show evidence that supports their conclusions whatever the source. And, I’d think it unlikely that on a subject this emotive, either side are likely to shift considerably. Tom does seem to be in a minority on this topic so don’t be surprised if for every one post of his, there are multiple rebuttals. If it does feel that it’s moving into campaigning or personal insults, it may be closed.

Any of Tom’s posts that have actually been hidden are because several of his peers (i.e. other members) SE23.life have flagged them and the system has hidden them accordingly.

Michael
25 Apr '21

My vaccination left me feeling a bit run down for a day or two, but I was able to carry on with most things, have a few paracetamol and an early night. My partner was virtually out of action for a day, and then fine.

I now have great wifi connection to any device in Forest Hill and can instantly connect to my toaster and yours to understand their feelings. I’ve also been fighting an overwhelming desire to vote for Bill Gates in the forthcoming elections and upgrade to IE6.

It is wonderful to see the impact of the vaccine (and lockdown) on the death rate and the R rate.

HannahM
25 Apr '21

I feel ok now but still pretty tired and getting odd waves of chills and fever, the headache and muscle ache has passed.

marymck
26 Apr '21

I’ve had both Astra Zeneca jabs now. No side effects so far (am I tempting fate?) My husband same result with Pfizer.

HannahM
26 Apr '21

Odd isn’t it? Younger people definitely seem to get it worse. Fine today but I still feel a little tired.

applespider
26 Apr '21

Updated the title to reflect this morning’s news that 44 year olds are now eligible - and that all over 40s should be in the running later in the week.

HannahM
26 Apr '21

Great news. I think I spoke a little too soon on being fine, I am struggling a bit at work today.

Emak5
26 Apr '21

Has anyone had any luck turning up at any Lewisham vaccination site/centre without an appointment, at the end of the day in case of any “left over” doses from possible no shows?
I’m asking, as a number of friends in neighbouring boroughs have been vaccinated this way and commented on how there were no queues or waiting time.

Am aware there was a no apt needed walk in clinic at Lewisham shopping centre last Fri & Sat but only found out about it yesterday. Hopefully there will be another this week?

applespider
26 Apr '21

Funny you should say that. I thought I felt fine after mine but retrospectively realised that I had very little get up and go for the 3 days afterwards…

@Emak5 I’ve seen @NHSSELondonCCG on Twitter posting where they have walk-in clinics available - although I think you still have to meet the general requirements to use them. I do know a few people who got vaccinated at the end of the day but definitely more luck than not there. Once my ‘age’ came up, I was able to book an appointment within 36 hours if that’s any comfort.

HannahM
27 Apr '21

Opening to 42 year olds today apparently.

Dave
27 Apr '21

It is indeed open to over 42’s today. Updated thread title for accuracy.

Beige
30 Apr '21

Has anyone had any luck booking this week? I’ve tried a few times but only get offered appointments in Bromley. I thought there were local places offering it, so I have been holding out.

HannahM
30 Apr '21

Bromley is pretty local though? I went to Oval.

If you keep trying it will offer you different venues near your postcode.

Beige
30 Apr '21

I guess it’s relative, but I know of two places within walking distance which were offering it. It’s not that I won’t go to Bromley etc, I’m just wondering if hit refresh enough / at the right time will I be offered an appointment somewhere I can walk to.

RedChilli
30 Apr '21

I’ve just had my second jab at Sydenham Green. It was empty - from arriving to leaving in less than 5 minutes.
The guy doing the marshalling looked through his lists and said that, in his opinion, there were too many people giving jabs today compared to the number who had signed up for it.

oakr
30 Apr '21

I’ve edited the title as it now appears jabs are available for over 40s (inc people aged 40).

Beige
30 Apr '21

I’m going to answer my own question. I just received a text from my doctors surgery with a different link to the one I previously had. Following this link saw me offered an appointment at a more ‘local’ venue.

HannahM
30 Apr '21

Good stuff!

starman
30 Apr '21

The principle difference with the 2 is with the first you should be able to book the second jab with the first. With the GP text you only book the first and you wait for a second text.

dlf75
30 Apr '21

If you use the NHS website, rather than GP text, you can book anywhere you like, that is convenient or may have a likelihood of a particular vaccine. Based on something I read elsewhere on SE23.life I booked Guy’s at London Bridge where they seem to be doing Moderna. As stated, on the web you book both appointments in one step.
Sore arm only side effect for me after 48 hours.

ForestHull
13 May '21

NHS South East London have made a handy website that answers common questions about the Covid-19 vaccines, as well as linking to the NHS national booking service and listing NHS South East London pop-up clinics (noting there are non-in Lewisham at present, but there is one over in SE22 for anyone in Southwark).

The site can be found here, which maybe useful for anyone still uncertain or with concerns about vaccination:

GillB
13 May '21

My son & daughter in law who are 38 & 39 & who live in Beckenham have booked both their jabs (1st one next Friday) but have got to go to the Croydon shopping centre as all of Bromley are booked up.

divya_m
18 May '21

Anyone under 40 got their jab already? Just curious if you were offered an alternative to AZ

Pea
18 May '21

I’ve just booked mine today (just turned 36) as from today, 35 and over eligible. I didn’t get a text, just went on the NHS website if you search ‘book an NHS covid jab’. Loads of avail locally this week.

divya_m
18 May '21

Hey @Pea Have booked for this week too but just wanted to know if irrespective of where you go, you get offered an alternative.

StuartG
18 May '21

No. But St Thomas’ were doing Pfizer 1st jabs today.

Pea
18 May '21

Think it’s pot luck (so I hear from friends).

Forethugel
18 May '21

Had a phone call with a doctor from the Jenner on another matter today, and they said that they were giving Pfizer to under 40s. Heard from others as well who have been given the same vaccine elsewhere so it seems to be standard choice now.

That said, 35 year olds still seem to be unable to book the jab.

Stammers
19 May '21

I’m told it’s Pfizer today at Sydenham Green

Nikoletta_Christou
19 May '21

I’m booked in Touchwood pharmacy in Sydenham for Friday. I wonder if I can call them on the day to ask what jab it will be.

Beige
19 May '21

But what will you do if the answer is not the one you are hoping for?

Nikoletta_Christou
19 May '21

Don’t know, just get slightly stressed but still go ahead with it i guess :slightly_smiling_face:

HannahM
19 May '21

I am 42 and had AZ nearly a month ago. I am fine. It is worrying but remember the risk of blood clots from AZ is much much lower than for hormonal contraception, long haul flights, smoking etc… etc… and indeed getting covid itself.

Swagger
19 May '21

RedChilli
19 May '21

Because we live with someone who is clinically vulnerable, all the members of our family were given our Covid jabs early.

Both my sons, aged 26 and 22, had the Astra Zeneca jabs, as did I. Apart from the usual sore arm after any injection, none of us had any nasty side effects.

We do have a family history of clots, which we all disclosed at the clinic, but went ahead anyway and there have been no problems for any of us.

I hope this might reassure anyone unsure about AZ jabs.

ChrisR
19 May '21

The above quote is from an earlier post when I mentioned getting my first AZ vaccine at the Vaccination Centre at Lewisham Hospital on March 3rd. I was back there again this afternoon for the second dose but although it was the same day of the week and similar time of the afternoon it ended up taking much longer than before.

Although the number of people in the main waiting room seemed similar to before I soon noticed that people weren’t being called through to the vaccination area anywhere nearly as quickly as before. I finally got called through after waiting about an hour and then found only 3 cubicles were being used instead of the 8 they’re set up for which explains the delay. I don’t know if this is now the norm or whether there was a reason for the shortage of vaccinators today.

promofaux
20 May '21

Now it is 34

sbonathan
21 May '21

Not being publicised widely, but anyone 32 or over should be able to book now (a friend of mine has just done it)

Nomis46
22 May '21

Same here. Closest site available was Denmark Hill

ForestHull
22 May '21

It’s dropped to 32 now:

ForestHull
22 May '21

UK figures for vaccination are looking good:

Lewisham has some way to go though (like most of London):

HOPcrossbun
24 May '21

Does anyone know how to tell whether you are getting the Astra Zen or Pfizer one? I’m booked in for Guys hospital - as assumed a hospital would be more likely to have the Pfizer one- but they didn’t tell me which one I will be getting when booking. I’ve heard friends got informed by text, but so far I haven’t received a confirmatory text…

oakr
24 May '21

I don’t think you generally find out until you get there, at least that was my experience and everyone else I know. Perhaps the ‘youngsters’ are getting informed as they are avoiding the AZ so using it as a double check?

divya_m
24 May '21

Hi @HOPcrossbun you don’t generally get informed ahead of time. My husband and I went last week on different days and centre 1 was doing Moderna, centre 2 was Pfizer. If you are under 40 you should get one of those.

Sherwood
24 May '21

I did not know I was getting the AstraZeneca until I got to the medical centre.
But I think they give you the same one the second time.

applespider
24 May '21

I got Moderna at Guys last month. But there were people asking outside the vaccination centre which one was being given out and the answer they were being given was that it depends on what’s available that day for first doses. The second doses are ‘protected’ still :woman_shrugging:t3:

marymck
24 May '21

My husband and I have both had our two jabs. He had Phizer and I had Astra Zeneca. He went the day before me for the first one, so it was just a case of what they had in stock on the day for the first one and then you got recalled for the 2nd when they had the same jabs in.

I was quite pleased at the time, as the Phizer jab had been reported as causing allergic reactions and more side effects. I’m prone to allergies but I certainly wouldn’t have refused any jab! Neither of us had any problems or side effects with either jab.

Sydenham Green was well organized back in Jan but not so last time as there were much fewer safety precautions and no signage (the routes in and out had changed). That said, the RAF medic who did my second jab was much more hygienic than the nurse who did the first one.

ChrisR
24 May '21

I didn’t know which vaccine I was getting at Lewisham Hospital’s vaccination centre until just before it was injected into my arm! It turned out to be the AZ vaccine however even if I had been told earlier it wouldn’t have made any difference.as I was just grateful to be starting the vaccination process!

I was back at Lewisham Hospital last week for my 2nd dose and when I checked in the receptionist immediately confirmed with me that I was having my second AZ jab. However I didn’t hear any conversations with those who were arriving for their first jab.

HOPcrossbun
25 May '21

Thanks everyone!

Marty_Mark
26 May '21

FYI dropped to 30 now

oakr
26 May '21

Seems to be going down fairly quickly - have updated the title.

Has anyone got their 2nd jab in 8 weeks as opposed to the 12, which I think is now recommended for the over 50s, maybe over 40s?

applespider
26 May '21

I think it’s still the over-50s who are being called early. Perhaps once the majority of those are done, they’ll bring more forward or just pick up the speed of first doses.

I had my first ONS antibody test yesterday (5 weeks after my first jab) so looking forward to the reassurance that I have some!

oakr
4 Jun '21

Well I got a text today offering me my second vaccination next Tuesday, which would be a couple of days under 8 weeks. Only offered the Tuesday which is not ideal as am in North London but will leave early to have it, unless they offer up additional slots later in the week (for the first jab had the choice of quite a few days).

Either way looks like mid-40s like me are getting the 2nd jab in 8 weeks now, which is great. I guess as I had AZ, maybe they are limiting AZ to certain days as the under 40s are getting different vaccines which I guess is easier to plan, or maybe not!

HannahM
4 Jun '21

Similar - I got invited for my second jab this week - seven weeks after my first.

applespider
4 Jun '21

Interesting. I’m still booked in for 30 June although I booked on the NHS site at the same time as my first rather than via the GP text link

HannahM
5 Jun '21

All double jabbed now.

There seems to be a lot of AZ about so if you are over 40 and had your jab six weeks or more ago I’d definitely see if you can book a second now.

Goonergal
6 Jun '21

Got my first jab on Friday. Had the Pfizer. Was told this was the only one being offered to those within my age group. Sore arm for the third day but no other real side effects.

Evelyn
8 Jun '21

The NHS website is still saying 30+ but I have just gone through the process and it allowed me (27) to book so it seems the 25+ group is now available!

oakr
8 Jun '21

Do you need it take your original card in with you for the 2nd jab does anyone know, I might need to go straight there without mine, would this be ok?

MackemJo
8 Jun '21

Hi @oakr. I had my 2nd jab at the Jenner last week and took my 1st jab card along - but they said they didn’t need it, as I was given a new card relating to the 2nd jab.

HannahM
8 Jun '21

Also If you want/need a record of your two jabs you can download the NHS app and it will be there.

marymck
8 Jun '21

The RAF medic who gave me my second jab added the details onto the card the nurse who did my first jab gave me. That includes the batch numbers as well as the dates etc. I have the NHS app but nothing is showing on there. Actually I have THREE separate NHS apps plus an online account via Patient Access. The vaccinations aren’t showing on any of them.

A case of too many apps spoiling the broth?

oakr
8 Jun '21

Thanks @MackemJo , I made it home with 5 mins to spare so grabbed my card, but when I got there same as you they said they didn’t need it and gave me a new one.

I might try scanning both into the app and see what happens.

ForestHull
8 Jun '21

I don’t think you need to scan them in or anything - the app just gets it from the digital records.
It’s remarkably efficient!

Sherwood
8 Jun '21

When I went for my second vaccination they asked for my first vaccination card. I gave it to them and they entered the details for the second vaccination.

ChrisR
8 Jun '21

At Lewisham Hospital vaccination centre they asked me for my first vaccination card and added the details for the second one to it as the card as marked spaces for each vaccination. Both appeared on my medical record which I access on the Patient Access website within a few days of the vaccination having taken place as well.

Twitter
11 Jun '21
ForestHull
15 Jun '21

Following last nights announcement from the Prime Minister, vaccinations are now available if:

Book here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Nikoletta_Christou
15 Jun '21

For those who would like to get their second jab earlier I just managed to bring my second appointment forward by 3 weeks through the NHS app. I’m under 40.

HOPcrossbun
15 Jun '21

Hi - thank you so much for the tip. do you mind letting us know briefly how you do this? I’ve been also over my NHS app and can’t see anything about my next vaccine appointment - it just shows my current vaccination status. Thanks!

Nomis46
15 Jun '21

I did it via the website: Book or manage your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - NHS. I had to cancel my 2nd one which was for late August and was able to pick a new date at the end of July which will be 8 weeks after my first :ok_hand:

Nikoletta_Christou
15 Jun '21

When i booked i had a date and reference no. for both appointments. It is weird yours doesn’t show the second one. In any case you should be able to book it.
All i did was login using the reference no. of my second appointment - cancel it and then rebook at another date.

HOPcrossbun
15 Jun '21

Ah this is great - thank you both. Yes I just did it online instead - I was nervous about having to cancel my second appointment before rebooking but there was no problem - they gave me a huge range of alternative dates stating from exactly 8 weeks after my first dose! So I’m now getting double jabbed 3 weeks earlier than expected!

applespider
15 Jun '21

If you are a Moderna with a second vaccination date before the end of June, be wary of cancelling your existing one to bring it forward. I did but ended up losing my 30 June slot at Guys with the next available date on 5 July!

I finally managed Islington on 29th so a few hours beforehand but with more of schlep. So… if you’re an early Moderna recipient, be a little cautious!

Marty_Mark
15 Jun '21

Thanks for pointing that out, brought mine forward 3 weeks as well!

robertjroy
15 Jun '21

Great tip! Also managed to bring mine forward by over 3 weeks. Pfizer here.

ThorNogson
17 Jun '21

Latest from Lewisham today.

If you haven’t had the COVID-19 vaccination and you are 21 or over (18 or over from 18 June) you can now book an appointment visiting the NHS website or by calling 119, free of charge.

Tomorrow, Lewisham Hospital will offer a walk-in Astra Zeneca clinic. If you’re eligible, you can walk-in to receive your first dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccination. People over 50 who had their first vaccine (Astra Zeneca) eight weeks ago will also be able to attend for their second dose. The clinic will run from 8am to 4pm in the Lessof auditorium, accessed via the Blue Zone.

You can find a map of the hospital on Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust’s website.

ForestHull
18 Jun '21

It’s for 18 or over now:

sbonathan
18 Jun '21

Just spoken to someone who has recently moved to jersey and their partner is going out to visit soon (but after they add England to their red list). They managed to get their Pfizer second dose moved to within 8 weeks by calling their helpline. So it sounds like if you make a good case to them they can be flexible.

ForestHull
23 Jun '21
applespider
23 Jun '21

If you do need to re-book your second jab now, it’s easier to do so. They now show you availability at your booked centre before you cancel so reduces the risk of losing your slot.

Got my second Moderna this morning… the achy arm has already kicked in but keeping fingers crossed that’s as far as it goes. Admittedly, I do have ‘Jolene’ stuck in my head… :thinking:

Evelyn
29 Jun '21

Does anyone have any experience of going to a walk in centre and getting their second jab as early as 3 weeks after their first (Pfizer)? I have heard rumours of this but would be good to know if anyone has managed this locally.

Nomis46
29 Jun '21

Charlton Athletic were doing a mass vaccination centre on Saturday (26th) and you could turn up for your second jab as long as 21 days had passed since your first. Other walk-ins specify that there has to have been a minimum of 8 weeks between jabs.

This link gives a good list of all walk-ins and any restrictions around 1st jabs only, or time periods since the 1st to get your 2nd: https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/

applespider
29 Jun '21

Worth checking on Twitter if you’re travelling to get it… there have been a few reports of the tracker saying a vaccine was available for second doses and on arrival, that not being the case. That was mostly Moderna though which has less outlets.

Forethugel
29 Jun '21

Waldron Health Centre in New Cross ran a walk in clinic on Sunday (both Pfizer and AZ). I went and got my second Pfizer jab, which they were offering to anyone whose first jab was at least 21 days ago (as well as first jabs to anyone else).

I became aware through a WhatsApp group. When I arrived back home I checked out the original twitter link - it said that they were giving out second doses only 8 weeks after the first one. So a few others in the queue and I might have just got lucky.

applespider
30 Jun '21

There’s now beta vaccination stats on the NHS website. For your council area, you can see the % of first and second vaccinations.

Most of the adults I know are now vaccinated (at least with first dose) so it was surprising to see that many areas are still only at 60-70%.

divya_m
14 Jul '21

Has anyone had their second jab brought forward automatically without actually requesting it? My other half was due to have his in August but he got two emails just now the first saying that his existing appointment was cancelled. And the second giving him a new appointment for tomorrow.

HannahM
14 Jul '21

Yes, my GP brought mine forward from early July to early June and send me a text about it.

Fran_487
14 Jul '21

I’ve taken the opportunity to rebook for next week via the GP, rather than wait til e/o August when the online booking originally placed me.

I’ve not been to the Sydenham Green centre before, I assume they offer the Pfizer vaccine?

StuartG
14 Jul '21

My son-in-law did a walk-in yesterday at Guys exactly 8 weeks after his first Pfizer jab at St Thomas’. Here is a reminder of the current list for all of Southeast London and which vaccines they are giving to who: https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/

Fran_487
14 Jul '21

Thanks, yes I had the list and was previously watching out for walk-ins, but I’ve brought my booking forward to next week (exactly 8 weeks on) so was just looking to check if Sydenham Green was definitely offering the Pfizer vaccine.

StuartG
14 Jul '21

The guidance is they should offer you the same vaccine. Acceptance of your booking would tend to confirm that. As, I assume, are not in the age group for AstraZeneca and the supplies of Moderna are much smaller than Pfizer than it looks pretty certain.

ChrisR
15 Jul '21

DavidB
15 Jul '21

Potentially too late, but i had a Pfizer vaccine at Sydenham Green this afternoon. Was a very simple experience.