Covid-19 Vaccination available for 25 and over

I can’t see anything on the council website yet, but you can book appointments online now here at Lewisham Hospital:

The Jenner at present I can’t see how you can book there, or maybe they are organising themselves.

Anyway, we got 1st dose next week, and you can also book your second dose which for us is early July now.

Eligible groups:

Book or manage your coronavirus vaccination

Use this service to book a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination or manage your appointments.

Who can use this service

You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

• you are aged 45 or over
  • you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
  • you have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
  • you have a learning disability
  • you get a Carer’s Allowance, get support following an assessment by your local authority or your GP record shows you are a carer

If you think you are an eligible unpaid carer who has not been contacted for your coronavirus vaccination, speak to your GP surgery.

If you are eligible to use this service but cannot get an appointment, speak to your GP surgery.

Find out more about who is eligible to have a coronavirus vaccination.

Book your appointments

You need to:

• have 2 doses of the coronavirus vaccine at 2 appointments
  • book both appointments at the same time
  • get the 2nd dose 11 to 12 weeks after getting your 1st dose

You can use this service for someone else.

If you’ve had a positive COVID-19 test, you should wait 4 weeks from the date you had the test before you book an appointment.

If you’re under 30, you will not be offered appointments for the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. There may be fewer appointments available or you may have to travel further.

Book my appointments

4 Likes

I’m only a short walk from The Jenner but not a patient there so couldn’t have my jab there as they’re only vaccinating their own patients and patients of specific other local surgeries. Patients of Woolstone Medical Centre (where I’m registered) and the Vale are being done at Sydenham Green.

As I had the NHS letter first and found there was a vaccination centre at Lewisham Hospital which is an easy journey on the 185 bus I booked to have my jab there. On the day once I found the vaccination centre (there was no signage at the main entrance as apparently they were waiting for more signs to arrive!) I was very impressed with how well everything was organised and I was in and out in about 20 minutes.

If there are still no signs around the main entrance for the vaccination centre follow the signs for the Blue Zone or the Ladywell Unit. You should then pick up the signs but if you miss them the vaccination centre is in the Lessof Auditorium and the entrance is down a pathway on the right-hand side just before the Ladywell Unit which is on the left.

5 Likes

Got mine this morning… chose to go to new cross as the journey is nice and easy. Loads of appointments free and no one else there!

Edit: closest I was offered was down towards beckenham weirdly

2 Likes

I came into Guys this morning. 15 mins on the train felt just as quick as going over to Lewisham and will take a walk along Thames etc.

Moderna on offer there today.

4 Likes

Got a message from Jenner Practice today so have cancelled the Lewisham Hospital ones and now at the Jenner this Friday which is brilliant.

4 Likes

Does anyone know what vaccine they are offering at Lewisham hospital centre?

I don’t know, but I suspect even if someone today says they got vaccine X, it doesn’t mean tomorrow you would get the same one. If you are under 30 I believe you get directed to somewhere you will get a non AZ one, but that’s about it possibly bar some at risk groups.

Personally I will take any I am given, and will be grateful to do so. Ultimately I believe they are all overwhelmingly safe and the benefit of taking them for the vast majority of people far outweighs any risks and benefits everyone else.

We are hugely lucky in this country to not only have a great suply of vaccines but also an NHS, Doctors, Pharmacies, Volunteers that has made the rollout such a success so far.

11 Likes

Did exactly the same going to the jenner on wednesday rather than lewisham.

1 Like

One of my friends is a doctor. He has had a very bad reaction to the vaccine. But he still recommends getting vaccinated.

1 Like

I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine at Lewisham back in March (with absolutely no side effects at all) but I think it can vary depending on what they have had delivered. I don’t think you can guarantee to get a particular vaccine at any vaccination centre unless you’re under 30 and therefore won’t be offered the Astra Zeneca one.

1 Like

I had Astra Zeneca at Sydenham Green back in March, also with absolutely no side effects at all. I kinda wondered if that means my immune system is either really good, or really bad!

Either way, I’m happy to be lucky enough to have had the first dose.

1 Like

If probably means:

a) you are an alien sent to take over the planet
b) I’ve watched too many films in lockdown

2 Likes

I had AstraZeneca yesterday and no side effects.
Get it done peeps :+1:t2:

4 Likes

My left arm feels a bit like I did a huge weights workout yesterday but otherwise I feel absolutely fine.

3 Likes

I had my first AstraZenica jab on March 18th. From my experience, If you’re vunerable, you get a link to local vaccine centre but if you’re not you have to rely on the NHS website. My husband who is vulnerable was offered a centre less than 10 minute’s walk away. I had to drive 3 miles. It does depend on how good the local health authority is. Merton aren’t that good.

Be prepared for a reaction. My symptoms were extreme tirdness - I slept for a day. Hangover minus the headache - I was so woosy and had an arm that ached for nearly a week.

1 Like

Just got mine done at The Jenner this morning, which was the AZ one. So far so good.

They are also offering blood pressure tests after the vaccine (optional).

3 Likes

Just thought I’d update this. I had some mild side issues, same as my brother, which for me were a fever later in the day Friday and through the night and then very tired the next day with some fever on and off Saturday but all back to normal Sunday. I don’t want to put anyone off, but additionally you might want to book it the day after you are doing something important as opposed to the day before, or on a Friday to have the weekend to recover (of course you may have no side issues like many).

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: Vaccination

So I had AZ yesterday afternoon. By late Saturday evening I felt tired and a bit nauseous. Bit of a rough night - headache, aching legs and back, woke at 2am absolutely freezing cold and then again at 4am feverish and drenched in sweat.

Beginning to feel a bit better now but suspect it will have to be a very easy day today.