Archived on 6/5/2022

Crafty workshops / cake sale this Saturday at V22 Louise House

klanimation
1 Aug '17

This Saturday 5th August there will be a fundraiser at V22 Louise House (next to the library) raising money for St Christopher’s and LOROS hospices. There will be crafty workshops for children (5+) throughout the day with 3 local designers. We’ll also have lots of yummy homemade cakes, games, art exhibition and there’s other family events taking place at the same venue during the day too so lots to keep you occupied for a while! Hopefully the sun will be out and you can enjoy the lovely little garden with a refreshing drink from the bar. The event is free, but there’s a suggested donation of £2.50 per workshop.

‘Smile for a While’ is a project put together by local resident Sarah Klan to raise money in memory of her Mum, Sue. Along with 35 other designers, she has created a colouring book (suitable for adults and children) that will be for sale, as well as some of the original artwork by the artists. All profits to be split between the 2 hospices.

12-6pm Saturday 5th August, V22 Louise House, Dartmouth Rd, Forest Hill

V22 event website

If you can’t make the event, you can pick up a copy of the colouring book from Brown and Green Cafes in Mayow Park and Crystal Palace, Alexandra Nurseries in Penge, Waters fishmongers on Perry Vale, Sugar Mountain, and online at Online Shop

Pauline
1 Aug '17

Pauline
1 Aug '17

Thank you Sarah, I know this was a personal & difficult task for you & I’m so happy you’re getting it out there. All the best with this & I’m right behind you. I love what you are doing - very best of luck :heart_eyes:

klanimation
2 Aug '17

Thank you Pauline, and I’m very grateful for all the help you’ve given me to get it all together :slight_smile:

Pauline
2 Aug '17

Was an absolute pleasure to help a little, but you done all the hard work yourself & I’m so glad it’s paid off - I really hope your amazing event & workshop is crazy busy & that you raise loads for St Christopher’s & LOROS hospice’s.

It’s truly deserved for all the hard work you have put in & also for a wonderful cause that means a lot to you.

I hope lots of locals come and support this event :slight_smile:

Pauline
4 Aug '17

This is tomorrow :heart:

Please go along & support a wonderful cause & for those of you with a sweet tooth (not me, except for @starman Canadian maple syrup sweets) go guess how many sweets are in the jar to win it & so much more going on.

system
3 Oct '17

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.