Crochet Appreciation

For those of you who aren’t commuting at the moment and maybe haven’t been to the station recently. Just thought I’d share some of the beautiful crochet someone has kindly gifted our station…

Thank you to the peron(s) who have made our commutes a little cheerier everyday!

20 Likes

Great find @Lj, thanks for sharing here!

When passing next, could you get a clear picture of the ‘crochet cafe’ sign and post it? Tah. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yep I will tonight on my return :+1:

I did regret not doing this just after taking the photos.

3 Likes

As promised…

10 Likes

I saw some on Malham Rd back in April. The designs were delightful. Only got 1 photo left in my library

11 Likes

They bring me so much joy going to and from work I almost missed my train the other day photographing them!
Commuting is so stressful at the moment-not to mention being ‘back in the real world’ and these are little rays of sunshine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

12 Likes

Someone photographed the artist and posted a photo on Instagram. Checkout @peopleofforesthill

3 Likes

They have been amazing and a real treat for our 2yo on the way home from nursery but on the way home tonight it appears quite a number, including the walrus have gone. Very sad if people have stolen them.

1 Like

That’s a shame if that’s the case! They were there when I came out the station on Wednesday.

Most of the ones on the south side of the station carpark have gone, walrus, duck,flamingo etc…in fact this morning it appeared that a few from the west facing side had gone too.
I find it heartbreaking that some idiots have to ruin something that brought real joy to adults and children alike-plus the work that went into these pieces was a surely a labour of love.
I actually find it more upsetting than the theft of the christmas tree hat because someone gave so much time and care to make these woolen sculptures for the enjoyment of others in that ugly station car park.
Why cant people just leave nice things alone for all to share?

2 Likes

Fear not…they are back in place!

4 Likes

Gone again today…I was there at around noon.

I promise you they are there…

6 Likes

What about the Walrus, Ducks and so forth the ones nearest WH Smith?
Those are the ones I was referring to
I love these so much I feel weirdly proprietorial towards them!

4 Likes

10 Likes

Love these!

2 Likes

5 Likes