Crofton Park Conservative Candidate suspended

@Michael Anti-Semitism means hostility toward Jewish people.

This, as Karen points out, is anti-semitism:

Criticising a system of ideas (which is what Karen did) is not the same as abusing people. As we know, Islam is not a race. It is a set of ideas.

We should all be allowed to freely criticise ideas. In doing so we sometimes help the people that formerly believed those ideas.

Criticising homophobia, for example, might offend a lot of homophobes. But I’d say it’s the right thing to do - ultimately for the sake of both us, and homophobes themselves.

1 Like

I agree - you make an important distinction between attacking people and ideas - not that any attack on ideas is very sensible.

I’m sure others would find grounds to defend Marc Wadsworth but I’m not getting involved in that issue now.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Culture and Criticism

This is an interesting debate however it has veered off Local Politics into Ethikos territory so unless anyone has any rigorous objections I am going to move some of this to this to a new topic under the that category.

Ok Some of the later posts have been moved to Ethikos Under a thread - Culture and Criticism. Please feel free to rename the topic and continue the debate.
Please note that Ethikos is an opt in category for verified members.

3 Likes