Archived on 6/5/2022

Crowdfunder for our library

Pauline
3 Oct '16

Please give what you can!

And please spread the word on all your social media.

We are

@LibrarySE23 on Twitter
Forest Hill Library on Facebook
www.fhlibrary.co.uk is our website

Spread the word please far and wide!

And give what you can to our crowdfunder, massive thanks in advance :two_hearts:

Pauline
4 Oct '16

We’re off to a good start £216 has been pledged so far with the limited edition prints being the most popular and the coffee lovers Christmas pack from @TheArchieParker a close second!

Thanks to anyone that has pledged so far. @anon5422159 thanks for donating :+1:

There’s so many different rewards you can pledge for, aswell as the ones mentioned above there’s also

Tickets to our Christmas party at the library & Louise House, with a stand-up buffet, champagne reception, live music, gin bar, and auction of some fantastic items from the worlds of literature, art, food and sport, hosted by toastmaster James Hasler.

One to one photograph tuition with @JohnRussell

Sugar Mountain as a kids party venue

And so much more!

I reckon the limited edition print will go quite quick, so if anyone wants one get in quick & if you don’t want to miss THE Forest Hill party of the year get in quick for the tickets too, all you have to pledge for these is £25 per person & only £85 for 4!

Remember all proceeds are going into our library, so please give if you can :slight_smile:

Pauline
6 Oct '16

We’ve now raised £421 so far :+1:

And the first pledge has been made for a signed photo of our lovely Poppy :slight_smile:

We need to hit our £6000 target so please give if you can :+1:

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/forest-hill-library-launch-fund?tk=f873bb3114be7cc4f4640bcaae18d70ed1016a35

Pauline
6 Oct '16

The amazing @BMSE23 has pledged £1000 taking us past the 25% mark!

Thank you so so much Ben xx

Next time you pop in it’s a sweetie cone on me for both your kids & Zoe said it’s a free coffee on her next time you pop into @TheArchieParker

Sorry you will get the biggest hug ever from me too even though you made me cry during the food assembly tonight when I saw this & in front of our area manager who came to visit us for the first time! - She’s localish (Peckham) which is why I was telling her about the crowdfunder & showing her but because she saw how passionate I was about this she’s now gonna pledge too :+1::+1:

We all really appreciate this Ben @V22_Louise_House @Michael @JohnRussell @Simon

weepy
6 Oct '16

I wanted to pledge - but I didn’t particularily want any of the gifts … so I didn’t pledge anything !

so 1) Can I pledge just $$ ? 2) Having to choose a gift is a difficult task and some people might drop off (like I did!)

BTW - where else are you getting money — surely £6k won’t go far ?

Simon
6 Oct '16

Hi, yes there is the £5 to pledge, and you get nothing for that at all! It is just for donations. Or there is the option of joining the Friends Scheme - that costs £30 but gets you discount on lots of shops in Forest Hill.

We are also having a Christmas Party where we will be running an auction of various items, so more money will be raised on the night and from bids placed in advance on a wide range of items.

To answer your other point about funding, the unused rooms upstairs in the library are being let out to generate ongoing income, plus we can apply for grants and funding from various organisations, but in the current climate there are lots of people chasing grant money, and libraries are often excluded from applying, so things like the Friends scheme and the crowd funder are very important, and all donations are very welcome.

Pauline
6 Oct '16

Jonah you can pledge any amount that is not a reward or just comment you don’t want a gift in the comment section.

Once we are up and running we can generate the running costs - this is for us to pay for all sorts of things we need to pay for or fix straight away like there is no baby changing facilities in the toilet & we need to get insurance, pay for licences and the list goes on…

Thanks P & see you and the family soon xx

Michael
6 Oct '16

@weepy thanks for your support. you can become a Friend of Forest Hill library for £30 at http://fhlibrary.co.uk/shop/ alternatively I’m sure we can find a way for you to donate other sums. @Simon and @Pauline are the experts on the finances, not me.

but i can tell you about a couple of other sources of funding. most importantly we will be renting out space on the upper floors for studio and office space. we already have a waiting list but will be giving priority to local people.

We also have £5k from the Forest Hill ward assembly, which will be focused on children’s literacy.

But we have great ambitions for this library and we hope that with the generosity of the local community our ambitions will be achieved - and then we will aim even higher!

Simon
6 Oct '16

And the answer to the question: “How many Library Guardians does it take to answer a question?” is: Three.

I’m so glad we all said more or less the same thing, or that would have been embarrassing.

Pauline
6 Oct '16

YES we will aim much higher :sparkling_heart:

Pauline
7 Oct '16

We have now hit £1803 so almost a third of the way!

Massive thanks to all that have pledged, but we need more to pledge if they can.

We want to make our library amazing & you can help us do this :slight_smile:

The support we have had from SE23.Life members has been awesome in so many ways & we appreciate it so much.

If anyone wants to donate extra they can do this via joining our “Friends of FH Library” & choosing to donate anything extra they want too when joining.

@Michael has posted the link above :slight_smile:

Or you can find it via our website www.fhlibrary.co.uk

Sorry if our posts clashed last night, I think myself @Michael & @Simon all replyied at the same time to Jonah’s @weepy post last night.

Hopefully that gives all confidence that we are all on the case & listening to everyone anytime between us.

Pauline
7 Oct '16

£1858 :tada::tada::tada:

Pauline
8 Oct '16

Thanks for pledging Jonah :+1:

Pauline
8 Oct '16

YAY We are almost a third of the way!

Pauline
9 Oct '16

We’ve had no pledges today and are stuck on £1897.

Please pledge if you can :slight_smile:

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/forest-hill-library-launch-fund?tk=f873bb3114be7cc4f4640bcaae18d70ed1016a35

Anotherjohn
9 Oct '16

I’ve got a flank wall near the library opposite the pools at 95 Dartmouth Road where there were 2 large billboard posters and I’d be happy for a temporary banner to be put up if it helps getting the word out about this fundraiser.

Pauline
9 Oct '16

Thank you Mr, you are amazing as always xx

I’ll bring this up at our meeting tomorrow evening & I’m sure we can russle something up between us!

Thank you :kissing_heart:

AndyS
9 Oct '16

Do either the crowd-fundraiser or the “friend of FHL” arrangement qualify for Gift Aid?

Pauline
9 Oct '16

Thats a question for Simon as he’s the one doing the social media & website @Simon do we have #GiftAid on any of these.

Andy I’m zilch when it comes to anything IT related as it’s not my bag at all :slight_smile:

Simon
9 Oct '16

Hi Andy,

Sorry to say not, we are in the process of applying for charitable status, but it is a long road and at the moment the Charities commission are swamped. No charitable status = no gift aid.

This is another reason why we need to raise funds, unless you are a charity you have to pay business rates, so we’ll actually have to pay the council, just so that we can run their library service for them.

Pauline
9 Oct '16

Our business rates are £1000 per month which is quite a lot :frowning:

#FingersCrossed

AndyS
9 Oct '16

Outrageous!!!

I had a hunch that the whole charitable status thing was an administrative nightmare. Thanks very much for the info.

Pauline
9 Oct '16

AND the miracle will :slight_smile:

Pauline
9 Oct '16

£2024 now thanks @RachaelDunlop for pledging :ok_hand::ok_hand:

Pauline
10 Oct '16

Thanks @AndyS for pledging we’re now at £2069 :+1:

We’ll see you at the Christmas party :slight_smile:

Pauline
10 Oct '16

£2196 guys YEEHAA!

Massive thanks to all that have pledged keep giving guys please :slight_smile:

Simon
11 Oct '16

If you were thinking of going for a pint or something to eat tonight, but were unsure where to go, then can I recommend @AllInnOne who have just pledged £1000 to the cause! And also because its a fab pub, of course. Over £3300 now thanks to one of Forest Hill’s finest!

Pauline
11 Oct '16

WOW The community support is amazing!

Massive thanks to Julia & Richard from @AllInnOne who have just pledged £1000 :tada::tada::tada:

This means so much to me Julia you are a star, at least this time it was only Simon that saw me cry :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

We have now passed the halfway mark at £3314 :ok_hand::ok_hand:

We can’t thank you all enough who have pledged. :slight_smile:

@Michael @Simon @JohnRussell @V22_Louise_House

AllInnOne
11 Oct '16

Hi Guys, we will be celabrating 15 YEARS…in Forest Hill in January and just wanted to give something back to the people of Forest Hill and this great comunity. It’s an amazing job you guys have & are doing with the library and looking forward to the opening night xxxxx Julia, Richard & Josh

AndyS
11 Oct '16

That’s fantastic! Ironically, one of the things I really like about All Inn One is their selection of books to peruse whilst waiting for one’s drinking partner to arrive.

Edit: soz. Got the pub name wrong at first attempt.

Pauline
11 Oct '16

Oh my gosh!

I’m stunned @OnTheHoof have just pledged another £1000

Amazing, I can’t thank anyone enough & can’t tell you how much this means to me to keep our library a library for the local kids.

£4364

Thank you all so much!

We could never take on our library for the next 25 years without your help!

You guys are amazing :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

And words can’t describe how I’m feeling right now :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Thank you again :+1:

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/forest-hill-library-launch-fund/?

Stop making me cry guys, the generousity is absolutely awesome :+1:

@Michael @Simon @JohnRussell @V22_Louise_House

Londondrz
12 Oct '16

Fantastic news all round. We will have to have a family whip round and see what we can come up with.

Pauline
12 Oct '16

Thanks @DickWynne for pledging today & thanks so much for all your support with the library, we really appreciate it :slight_smile:

We’re now on £4683 :+1:

AndyS
12 Oct '16

Couldn’t help but notice extremely generous support from Sonali Siriwardena and Rajeev Samaranayake!

Pauline
12 Oct '16

I saw that too but none of us know who they are, do you?

I would love to thank them.

We’ve all been busy trying to finalising our press release tonight.

I only just finished my input half hour ago.

On that note if anyone wants our Press Release please let me know

AndyS
12 Oct '16

Nope! No idea. Maybe somebody on this forum does?!

anon5422159
12 Oct '16

@RajeevSam maybe? If so, thanks Rajeev and Sonali!

Pauline
12 Oct '16

Bedtime for me now, but we have so much to do. Our emails are crazy right now. Thanks so much for the support guys xxx

Pauline
12 Oct '16

Happy Thursday Folks, I’m going fast asleep :joy::joy::heart_eyes:

AndyS
13 Oct '16

£4800 (£4801, actually!). You’re now 80% of the way there!

Pauline
13 Oct '16

Woop Woop Andy :slight_smile:

I’m so super excited about this & think we can actually do it :tada::books::tada::books::tada::books:

Come on Forest Hill!

Pauline
14 Oct '16

Thanks @Diana_Hawk for pledging :+1:

We’re now only £84 away from £5000 :tada::tada:

Pauline
14 Oct '16

Thanks Tom @Thewrongtrousers for pledging.£50 for nothing, I really appreciate that. Thank you x

Thewrongtrousers
15 Oct '16

Its my pleasure Pauline. Good to meet you yesterday.

Pauline
15 Oct '16

Likewise Tom :slight_smile:

We have now passed the 5k mark thanks to Victoria from @HornimanMuseum for pledging :tada::tada:

RajeevSam
15 Oct '16

Got your email Chris, sorry not a regular on the forum. It’s the least we can do given your efforts.

Pauline
15 Oct '16

Thank you so so much :slight_smile:

oakr
15 Oct '16

Well done Pauline and everyone else involved in this - great stuff.

Pauline
15 Oct '16

Thank you, we are all on here, I’m just the one that tends to shout the loudest as I have no shame when it comes to making the library special for the local kids :especially slight_smile:

We are manic right now doing stuff in the background, but I’ll be sure to post all updates as and when I can.

We are

Me @Simon @V22_Louise_House @Michael @JohnRussell

Massive thanks for the support everyone :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Pauline
15 Oct '16

Shamelessly posting our Crowdfunder link again!

Please give if you can, the more we have the more we can do and we want to do so much

Pauline
16 Oct '16

WOW Someone just pledged £500 anonymously, thank you so much whoever you are!

We are now on £5624 :tada::tada::tada:

Thank you so much to everyone that has pledged so far we really appreciate it @Michael @Simon @JohnRussell @V22_Louise_House

The more we have the more we can do so please keep pledging guys as we have very high ambitions for our library :slight_smile:

Pauline
16 Oct '16

Probably best to post our latest library update on this thread too.

http://us14.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b9e3183d3b8c312753b8b3277&id=d56943705e&e=654aa7c797

All input is much appreciated :heart:️:books::heart:️:books:

Pauline
18 Oct '16

Only £287 to hit our target :tada::tada::tada:

Please pledge if you can!

The community support has been totally amazing, massive thanks to everyone :+1:

Pauline
18 Oct '16

Thank you lovely @Cazimo for pledging tonight, see ya at our Christmas party :tada::tada:

But also see you on Thursday x

I’m not often lost for words but with £5826 now pledged so far and just £174 to hit our target I’m quite speechless & emotional.

Thanks so much everyone, we could never do this without your support.

The community spirit has been absolutely awesome, especially from everyone on here.

So thank you all so much, I can’t say anymore than that except we all really appreciate the support you have all given us :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Pauline
18 Oct '16

YIKES ONLY £124 to go now!

Please give what you can!

And please spread the word on all your social media.

We are

@LibrarySE23 on Twitter
www.fhlibrary.co.uk is our website

Spread the word please far and wide!

And give what you can to our crowdfunder, massive thanks in advance :two_hearts:

So so thankful to all that have pledged. May the force be with you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hehe xx

AndyS
19 Oct '16

Just a friendly warning to the donor who takes the library appeal over the £6,000 line: @Pauline will physically explode with delight. So be warned. Donate from a distance so you don’t get hurt. :wink:

RachaelDunlop
19 Oct '16

Is it going to be like the Blitz? Do we need to tape our windows and hide under the kitchen table with a mattress pulled over us for protection?

Pauline
19 Oct '16

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Londondrz
19 Oct '16

More like Nerf guns at dawn (I can quite happily mention this as Chris is at 37,000 feet and cant interject) :grin:

Pauline
19 Oct '16

Aww @emmad of @GemsPerformingArts Dad has just pledged and he doesn’t even live in FH :heart_eyes:

Em, please give Dermot a massive hug and :kissing_heart: from me x

YIKES we’re on £5927 now, just £63 to go :tada::tada::tada::tada:

Pauline
19 Oct '16

Go on John @Londondrz get us past our target and I will officially have a massive nerf gun fight with you :joy::joy::joy:

I will also do the “running man dance” publicly!,

C’mon

Pauline
19 Oct '16

Sitting in my fluffy socks and jammies watching our crowdfunder!

C’mon Forest Hill let’s hit our target tonight :tada::tada::tada:

:books::ok_hand::books::raised_hands::books::raised_hands::books::ok_hand:

Pauline
19 Oct '16

Not long till I explode with happiness!

Donate now!

AndyS
20 Oct '16

KABOOM!!!

Pauline
20 Oct '16

:tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

Whoop whoop whoop

We’ve past our target :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Thank you so so so so much everyone that’s pledged, we couldn’t do this without your support :slight_smile:

BUT we said we will keep aiming higher as the more we have the more we can do, SO we will be stretching our target very soon!

Can’t thank you all enough, we all appreciate the community support so much :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Pauline
21 Oct '16

Our stretch target is 10k so please keep pledging please :+1:

We’re on our way £6093 now :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

ETA http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/forest-hill-library-launch-fund/?

Pauline
24 Oct '16

Please keep pledging to our crowdfunder as we have so many ambitious plans for our library & the more we have the more we can do :two_hearts::books::two_hearts::books:

Pauline
1 Nov '16

We are now on £6436!

Pledges had slowed down a bit when we hit our initial target, but It’s starting to pick up again :tada::tada:

Please help us keep the momentum going by sharing & please keep pledging if you can as our stretch target will help us do more.

We’ve always said we will keep aiming higher & we will stick by this to create the best community library we possibly can.

Update from our crowdfunder page:

"80 backers took us to our £6000 fund to launch the Library, before we even opened the doors, which is just fantastic. When we first started this campaign we did not want to be too ambitious, but perhaps we should have been more so. The library desperately needs an IT make-over and there is work to be done updating many of the fixtures and fittings. Any extra funds we receieve will go into improving IT provision and improving the facilities (in fact we’re confident enough that we’ll raise more funds that we’ve already started to work on the toilets!)

80 generous individuals and companies have taken us to £6000, but there are more than 80 people that live in Forest Hill, we know not eveyone has money to spare in the current climate, this is why we’re having to save the library to start with, but if you can’t help fund us then please help spread the word on social media and by telling your friends! Thank you"

We’re all on here if you want to ask us anything @Michael @Simon @V22_Louise_House @JohnRussell & me.

The community support we’ve had via this forum has been absolutely phenomenal, so thanks so much :slight_smile:

AndyS
1 Nov '16

Leafleting campaign? Evening rush hour? Saturday morning (when folks are going to the shops, swimming pools, etc)? Outside the library?

Pauline
1 Nov '16

Thanks Andy, we discussed this at our last meeting & will be doing leaflets. It’s on our agenda for our next meeting to try and finalise the best ways to get leaflets out there to local people :slight_smile:

Pauline
3 Nov '16

@anon86223367 if you are the Ross that pledged thank you so much :+1::+1:

anon86223367
4 Nov '16

The thanks go to you and the rest of the team at the library. Look forward to getting my library card soon.

Pauline
4 Nov '16

We couldn’t do it without the massive support we’ve had from the community on so many different levels :slight_smile:

Pauline
5 Nov '16

Shamelessly pushing our crowdfunder again!

Please give if you can :+1::+1:

Pauline
8 Nov '16

Only 20 days left to pledge!

Please give if you can :+1::+1:

Pauline
8 Nov '16

£100 pledged today!

Thank you Forest Hill :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/forest-hill-library-launch-fund/backers/?

Pauline
14 Nov '16

Okay, let’s pick the momentum up massively now please for our crowdfunder!

Two weeks exactly left to pledge, so please share this via ALL your social media platforms for us as our stretch target will help us to upgrade the IT facilities and from our meeting yesterday we will need an extra injection of £2000 to help us do this.

£6598 is where we’re at now, c’mon Forest Hill please give what you can :+1::+1::+1:

I know quite a few pledges & milestones have brought tears to my eyes because of the massive community support we have had, but another has just done it again today by pledging £3 - Whoever you are thank you :heart_eyes:

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/forest-hill-library-launch-fund/backers/?

Pauline
15 Nov '16

Thank you Hilary & Em @Satchers @GemsPerformingArts for pledging :kissing_heart::kissing_heart: to you both xoxoxoxo :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Pauline
15 Nov '16

Thanks so much @Jonny_Wright for pledging :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

We’ve now added another couple of rewards everyone, go check them out!

Jonny_Wright
15 Nov '16

No worries.

Pauline
16 Nov '16

Thanks so much @Garfield for pledging :+1::+1:

We’re now on £6839

Please pledge what you can everyone, 0nly 12 days to go!

Pauline
16 Nov '16

YES YES YES :tada::tada::tada:

We’ve passed the 7k mark now :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

£7223

THANK YOU FOREST HILL

No bloody wonder I love living & trading here :two_hearts:

We couldn’t do this without the massive community support we have had and are getting from you all, we really appreciate it & I can’t believe the generosity from you all :+1::+1:

THANK YOU

I really think we can reach our 10k stretch target, c’mon we can do this :books::books:

@V22_Louise_House @Michael @Simon @JohnRussell :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pauline
17 Nov '16

11 days to go!

£7363 :tada::tada::tada:

BovillBunny
17 Nov '16

Have pledged and ordered the friends card! Good luck!

Pauline
17 Nov '16

Thank you so much Sarah!

We’re now on £7528 :tada::tada::tada:

Am I right in thinking you’re the one that pledged £300 & will be doing the photography with @JohnRussell

If so you won’t be disappointed, he’s a great photographer :camera::camera:

@Brett thank you for pledging too & for sharing via @honoroakpark on twitter :slight_smile:

BovillBunny
18 Nov '16

You’re really welcome - it’s a great cause that deserves the support of the local community! Looking forward to my photography class - have been meaning to do one for a while!

AndyS
19 Nov '16

Emergency/special edition of the Forest Hill Society newsletter to raise awareness of the crowdfunder?

Foresthillnick
19 Nov '16

Looking forward to my gin glasses!!

Pauline
19 Nov '16

Thank you so much @Foresthillnick for pledging :ok_hand::ok_hand:

9 days to go!

£7670 :tada::tada::tada:

Please pledge if you can!

This is from our crowdfunder page:

Forest Hill Library is a community run in South East London. We are solely reliant on generating our own income to maintain and run the library building and services. Lewisham Council will continue to provide books and the lending software, but we have to provide and maintain the structure of the building, shelves, IT, cleaning, heating and lighting, non-book-borrowing services and all staffing. We have to pay licences, taxes, legal expenses, insurance… the list is almost endless!

We have a fantastic community spirit in Forest Hill, and hope to raise extra funds from local residents and businesses who know how important a well run library is for the community.

Please help support the library, thank you in advance.

New stretch target
80 backers took us to our £6000 fund to launch the Library, before we even opened the doors, which is just fantastic. When we first started this campaign we did not want to be too ambitious, but perhaps we should have been more so. The library desperately needs an IT make-over and there is work to be done updating many of the fixtures and fittings. Any extra funds we receieve will go into improving IT provision and improving the facilities (in fact we’re confident enough that we’ll raise more funds that we’ve already started to work on the toilets!)

80 generous individuals and companies have taken us to £6000, but there are more than 80 people that live in Forest Hill, we know not eveyone has money to spare in the current climate, this is why we’re having to save the library to start with, but if you can’t help fund us then please help spread the word on social media and by telling your friends! Thank you

Foresthillnick
19 Nov '16

What do u need in the way of IT kit. I have a few servers lying around

Pauline
19 Nov '16

Nick, I’m not having anything to do with the IT side of things because if I did I’d probably muck up the whole library system. My IT skills are nonexistent :joy::joy::joy:

@Michael & @Simon are the one’s that are up on this side of things - Simon do we need anymore servers?

Simon
19 Nov '16

Hi Nick, We are getting to the stage shortly when the IT systems are being changed, there is a possible we will need a server if we shift to a more up-to-date system than the current network that is operating a computer booking and print system on Windows 95 operating systems. I am currently in discussions with a number of service providers, and depending on the system we go for we could well need a server (possibly two) so perhaps we could discuss this further. I’ll know more in a couple of days, will get back to you midweek if thats ok, and in the meantime, thank you very much for your kind offer.

Pauline
20 Nov '16

£8257 :tada::tada::tada:

THANK YOU FOREST HILL!

Thank you Simon C Watts for giving us a big push past 8k :+1::+1: I thought you were on here but can’t seem to find you.

I love our community :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

8 days to go!

Michael
20 Nov '16

Incredible how much support the community has provided through working in the library and through this crowdfunder. £8000 is really helpful to keep the library running and invest in the facilities to make it even better.

THANK YOU.

StDavid
20 Nov '16

What about collection pots in local businesses?

Pauline
20 Nov '16

thank you @SandPiper for pledging :slight_sm

Pauline
21 Nov '16

ONE WEEK TO GO!

£8459 :tada::tada::tada:

Massive thanks to everyone thats pledged so far & to everyone helping us spread the word :slight_smile:

Please keep pledging!

Pauline
21 Nov '16

I will apologise now to anyone I follow/or follows me on all my social media accounts - I have today & will be over the next week pushing our crowdfunder like crazy :joy::joy::joy:

Pauline
21 Nov '16

£8499 :tada::tada::tada:

C’mon FOREST HILL!

WE CAN DO THIS!

Pauline
22 Nov '16

£378 to hit 9k & 6 days to go, then 1k left to go to the finish line!

C’mon we can do this #ForestHill #SE23

@LibrarySE23 on twitter

Sorry for shouting but C’MON WE CAN DO THIS IN 6 DAYS FOREST HILL!

Pauline
23 Nov '16

£8647 :tada::tada::tada:

Thank you @magse23 for pledging today, we’ll see you at the party if not before xx

Massive THANK YOU to everyone that’s made it possible for us to get this far, we appreciate it so much :+1::+1::+1:

We’re so close to hitting our target, but I’m not sure if we’ll manage it in 5 days, so please keep spreading the word for us & pledge if you can!

Pauline
23 Nov '16

I’ve been a bit cheeky today, if anyone has any contacts they think might be able to help. Please point them this way…

Pauline
24 Nov '16

£8915 :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

THANK YOU FOREST HILL :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 days to go!

Just £85 till we hit 9k - then we’ll push it all the way to make that final 1k!

It would be AMAZING if we could hit 9k by the end of the night - then we would have 3 days to try and reach our goal.

SO keep pledging if you can & keep spreading the word SE23 :+1::+1:

WARNING - Please do not panic if we manage this. I won’t explode, but will be jumping up and down with glee - Some may get hurt in this process :joy::joy::joy:

Pauline
24 Nov '16

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!

£9027 :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

YAY!

WE ARE ON OUR MERRY WAY!

Sorry for shouting, but I’m so excited we are nearly there :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I THINK WE CAN DO THIS. C’MON!

This means so much to me, so please keep pledging & spreading the word #ItsWorking #YES #ThankYou

AndyS
25 Nov '16

Pauline
25 Nov '16

I’m hoping this comes true when I wake up in the morning :joy::joy::joy:

Pauline
25 Nov '16

Woohoo

£9308 :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

3 days to go!

Pauline
26 Nov '16

YIKES we’re almost there!

£9472 :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

2 days to go!

THANK YOU FOREST HILL, I LOVE OUR COMMUNITY :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

Keep pledging if you can & keep sharing please :+1::+1:

Pauline
26 Nov '16

£453 to go to hit our target!

I can’t look anymore because I think I will explode, cry with happiness, cuddle Everyone in sight, and YES JUMP AROUND!

Pauline
27 Nov '16

We had a meeting today, and every single penny will be spent very wisely!

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOREST HILL :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

£9969 :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

It ends at midnight tomorrow night!

We all really appreciate the support we have had from you guys, so THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH AGAIN!

@Simon @Michael @JohnRussell @V22_Louise_House

Simon
27 Nov '16

And thats the 10k hit, with over 24 hours to go. Happy days

Another stretch target anyone? 20k by tomorrow??

Pauline
27 Nov '16

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

I’m with @JohnRussell right now & we are just about to celebrate!

THANK YOU :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Simon
27 Nov '16

Me too, I’m going to open a brand new bottle of cough mixture and swig the lot.

Pauline
27 Nov '16

Woohoo, take it easy dude xxxx

On a serious note, stretch that target & lets go for it :+1::+1::+1:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Pauline
27 Nov '16

Thank you, we are at @Sylvanpost but leaving in mo as both have our own commitments to get on with.

What a bloody great day :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

RachaelDunlop
27 Nov '16

You are all amazing, well done each and every one.

Pauline
27 Nov '16

Thank you for the massive community support everyone xxx

AndyS
28 Nov '16

BOOM!

Jonny_Wright
28 Nov '16

Nice work!

Michael
28 Nov '16

[[quote=“AndyS, post:126, topic:2072”]
BOOM!
[/quote]
If anybody finds small pieces of @Pauline around Forest Hill following the explosion, please could you return them to a jar at Sugar Mountain. We apologise for any inconvenience, happiness, and cuddles experienced today when in the vicinity of Pauline.

I should add that the Crowdfunder is still going on until the end of today. If you haven’t contributed please refrain from doing so. Although donations are still welcome (and there are still some great rewards), we cannot risk any further excitement for Pauline before the end of today.

So to be clear, don’t donate any more money to http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/forest-hill-library-launch-fund/. You may be helping the library but you risk Pauline’s continuing explosive happiness problems.

Pauline
28 Nov '16

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::tada:

Pauline
29 Nov '16

£10,310 in the end :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

Thank you all so much for pledging & supporters us, the community support has been totally amazing & we can’t thank you all enough :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

@armadillo & @LiseOfFH thank you so much for pledging last night xx

Everyone that has pledged £50 or more will be getting an invite to our Christmas party on December 10th, so we’ll see ya there :+1::+1:

Michael
29 Nov '16

A great big

to everybody who supported the crowdfunder and together raised £10,310 to support the community library.

Satchers
8 Dec '16

This may seem a slightly churlish question but how do we get our lovely rewards? I’ve been emailed a receipt but am I supposed to do anything next?

And very well done #se23!

Pauline
8 Dec '16

Hilary @Simon will contact you, and me & @Michael are here if you need us xx

Satchers
8 Dec '16

I know that :wink:
I just wondered if there was a plan or timescale for this? Its no problem and I appreciate things are busy!

Pauline
9 Dec '16

We are working our bollocks off to get everything done, and we will xx

Sorry that word was rude :slight_smile:

anon5422159
25 Jan '17

Picked up my reward (a lovely framed stylised print of the library) yesterday and it’s got pride of place in the dining room:

Brilliant work, raising more than £10,000 for a good cause in such a short space of time - well done @Pauline, @Michael, @Simon and co!

Pauline
26 Jan '17

Looks great @anon5422159 :slight_smile:

Amongst other things, the IT systems have now been upgraded & are now much faster, baby changing facilities have now been added, and the roof is being fixed very soon (the lead from the roof was stolen before we took on the building).

All this would not have been possible without the massive community support via our crowdfunder & friends of scheme.

So thanks to everyone again for the support :+1::+1::+1:

Foresthillnick
26 Jan '17

My wife is loving her gin glasses and very stylish they are too.

FHGinClub
26 Jan '17

Yay! We’d love to see some pics of them in use if you happen to do Facebook or Twitter at all. :slight_smile:

Foresthillnick
27 Jan '17

I’ll snap one this weekend…

Foresthillnick
11 Feb '17

Eventually took one!

Brett
11 Feb '17

Would be interested to know what is happening with this too. Any news? :sunglasses:

Simon
11 Feb '17

Just a quick follow up on the rewards.

Everyone should have had all the rewards now apart from those waiting on Poppy Drayton’s autograph, The Perry Vale Voucher and the Bags for Life.

I also have four limited edition prints sitting at the library awaiting collection, but everyone has been informed.

If anyone is waiting for any of the above, it is in hand, I know Pauline has been chasing them up. If anyone ordered anything else and has not had those then please drop me a message!

Pauline
12 Feb '17

Hi @Brett just to let you know as @Simon said I am chasing these up. I sent emails today (and previously) & ŵill harass peeps tomorrow personally, if they don’t reply when I close at 4pm tomorrow be rest assured I will pop down in person to sort these out. Maybe with my nerf gun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Brett
12 Feb '17

Much appreciated @Simon and @Pauline. Am mostly glad to know it’s not forgotten. Perhaps best leave out the armoured response for now! :grinning:

Pauline
14 Feb '17

Hilary @Satchers & @Brett The Perryvale vouchers have now been sorted out & I’ll pop them in the post to everyone tomorrow :slight_smile:

Brett
14 Feb '17

Thanks @Pauline!

Satchers
15 Feb '17

Thanks Pauline!

Pauline
15 Feb '17

@Satchers & @Brett they are in the form of our limited edition postcards with the library illustration on the front & your name on the back.

So please feel free to ask for them to be signed off when you use them & keep them as a momento & thanks from us for being a bit late if you wish :slight_smile:

Satchers
27 Feb '17

Hi Pauline
I feel awful just asking as I know you are sorting this out of the goodness of your heart but did they get posted as nothing has yet turned up… I can collect if they haven’t. hx

Pauline
27 Feb '17

Posted them Hilary, but was a tad late! Sure I can arrange for you to pick another up from my shop if it’s quicker & easier xx

Satchers
28 Feb '17

Late is good because it means not lost in post! :grin: