Archived on 6/5/2022

Cycle storage

Nicola_Gower
5 Jun '17

Hi. Has anyone had any success in persuading the council to provide cycle storage on their road? I have looked into information and thinking about giving it a try by getting neighbours to sign up too. Wondered if anyone had had any joy in succeeding?
Also please can anyone help me in resolving my Blackfriars route blind spot! No matter how much I research it I always get lost in burgess park! Please someone help me and save me from ending up on the old Kent road.

anon5422159
5 Jun '17

Hi @Nicola_Gower,

We do have a discussion on bike storage and it looks like some progress has been made but we’re some way off this being delivered.

Michael
5 Jun '17

I’m not a cyclist, but I would have thought if you keep to the west of the lake you will eventually come out on the New Kent Road.

comoed
5 Jun '17

Hi @Nicola_Gower please do contact the council. They are dragging their feet on sorting this.

highways@lewisham.gov.uk

For getting to Blackfriars, Michael is right. You need to cross over Sumner Road just before Neate Street, then you can follow it to Portland St (the top of the map below)

which is the best way to get to New Kent Road - where there is a bike path to traffic lights which will take you towards the N/S Cycle superhighway (sorry about the squiggly line - its an old commute for me, and back then the gps on my phone wasnt as good as the models these days)

Hope this helps