Archived on 6/5/2022

Cycle To Work Day 14th September

Taoschno
31 Aug '16

London Cycling Campaign has arranged a series of “Bike Tubes” for Cycle To Work Day, September 14th. The one they have planned for Lewisham starts at Deptford and then uses Q1 to Waterloo. Lewisham Cyclists have extended it to start from Adenmore Rd, where the Waterlink Way comes through under the railway, follow the Waterlink Way through Lewisham and Deptford, then take Q1 along to Waterloo.

We’ll also ride with people over Waterloo as well if they need to go further north for work. It starts early in Catford, 7am, should be in Lewisham by around 7.20 and get to Deptford around 7.30. The route we intend to take is here.
We will have experienced commuters helping with marshalling the ride and qualified ride leaders also leading it and marshalling. If you have always wanted to try commuting to work, but were a bit worried about it, this is the day to give it a go. Not only will we help you on the day, but we’ll be available to give further advice and it may be possible to arrange more help in the future from one of our qualified members.

Come on, give it a go. Riding to work helps get you on track for the rest of the day. Any bike commuter will tell you it beats any other commute vehicle hollow. You feel, bright and alert. It gets those muscles working and blood flowing to the brain. And it’s fun.

A map of the whole route is here https://ridewithgps.com/routes/16253374 A link to LCC’s sign up page is here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/deptford-waterloo-biketube-tickets-27072556746 If you have any questions about the ride the leader is Jane on 07826559603

comoed
31 Aug '16

Thanks for the link. Perhaps this might be better posted in a place where people who arent already subscribed to the locked cycling section can see it?

I might join even though its miles out of my way to work - looks like a nice way to get into work on a Weds morning.

anon64893700
31 Aug '16

Thanks for posting @Taoschno
@comoed I have moved to Other as suggested, for all to see, as it is meant to encourage others to get on their bikes :slight_smile:

Foresthillnick
1 Sep '16

Although I wont make that ride and I go in a different direction entirely I would echo the sentiments above. I ride every day and even though it is only three miles I sometimes do 15 miles over the hills of SE London just because I love the ride - rarely do I just ride straight to work. When I have to drive or bus it I just don’t feel right when I sit down at work, I feel like I am still half asleep.