Archived on 6/5/2022

Dartmouth Road Speeding

JCA
13 Jul '18

I have seen quite a few motorbikes and cars driving incredibly fast down Dartmouth Road which is a 20mph zone, has anyone else? Do we know if the council has any plans to try and slow down these cars (speed cameras or the like).

maggie2016
13 Jul '18

Even coming in and out of Sunderland road into the south circular

clausy
14 Jul '18

Try washing your car on Waldenshaw Rd as people try to get to Sainsbury’s 2 seconds quicker than they need to. It’s a life or death experience. And you should see the looks I get as I wave my arms at people to try to get them to slow down.

Londondrz
14 Jul '18

I used to accidentally shoot a jet of water at them as I jumped out the way, given I washed it in the narrowest part of Waldenshaw Road it was quite often :joy:

Gem
14 Jul '18

Yes I’ve noticed that it’s got really bad recently, especially with motorbikes. Would love it if some sort of deterrent could be introduced… I saw a horrible Motorcycle accident a couple of years ago due to a speeding / dangerous driver and when I see these bikes going so fast it really does freak me out

clausy
14 Jul '18

Yeah I should do it with the hose next time. I’m usually out with a bucket and I don’t want to lose my sponge…:smile: