Archived on 6/5/2022

Dead Fox

anon27836993
3 Nov '19

Just found a dead fox how sad on side pavement of Gabriel Street!! On phone to RSPCA long wait to speak to someone to report this. Apparently I waited 30mins to be told to report it to Lewisham Council but lines are now closed. Amazing you try do a respectable thing and not cause any further distress but get nowhere. I would try and remove this but I can’t handle that at moment sorry I tried.

Sgc
3 Nov '19

Hello, you can report dead fox online to Lewisham council. Have done in the past and dealt with pretty quickly. Not sure if website reporting is checked after hours.
Then at least no need to waste time hanging on the phone waiting!
https://lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/environment/street-cleaning/report-a-dead-animal

knot_in_denial
3 Nov '19

Already reported this to Lewisham Council (RIP Mr Fox):

anon27836993
3 Nov '19

Thank you kindly for the responses and support given. Means a lot indeed. How sweet and yes RIP Foxy x🦊x

blushingsnail
6 Nov '19

For future info, if you find a dead fox in your garden then contact Lewisham Council and they will send the rubbish lorry round to collect it. If there’s direct access to your garden the refuse collectors will bag the fox and take it away. They’re not allowed to carry it through the house so I’m not sure what happens if there’s no direct access to a back garden - perhaps they bag it but then you have to carry it to the front and give it back to them.

HannahM
6 Nov '19

Lewisham Council were very good when I found the body of a poor cat that had come off worse in an encounter with a car on London Road.

Stefania4Eva
6 Nov '19

Agreed @HannahM Lewisham Council first rate when my Sister passed unexpected at home a few years back too

anon27836993
6 Nov '19

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback means a lot!! I have noted this makes me happy to know what can be done with care and thought on such a sad moment. I love seeing animals play and be natural so de-stressing and peaceful. Xx

appletree
6 Nov '19

Council workers carried a dead fox through my house with my permission (double bagged).