Archived on 6/5/2022

Delivering Fresh Coffee to Your Doorstep

Mont58Coffee
1 Apr '20

We’re still roasting fresh coffee every day at our Blythe Hill Roastery and delivering to your doorstep. You can order online at https://mont58coffee.com/ and get 20% off your first order with voucher code LOCALCOFFEE20

HOPcrossbun
2 Apr '20

Thanks - I’m so sick of instant coffees and nespresso pods at the moment which are so weak and rubbish. Missing my proper coffees from Ground and Grapes and On the Hoof, so will buy some from you guys. Great to also support a very local business at these times.

Mont58Coffee
2 Apr '20

Thanks for the support, would love to deliver you some proper coffee!

Helen_Brown
2 Apr '20

Thank you - just ordered! We’re on our last few spoons of coffee so saw this just at the right time

Mont58Coffee
2 Apr '20

Perfect thanks Helen. We’ll deliver to you tomorrow :slight_smile:

JBrew
3 Apr '20

We have also just signed up to this - coffee sounds nice. Looking forward to our first brew!

Nicnat119
3 Apr '20

We’ve just received our two bags of beans. Tastes lovely ! In an ode to social distancing, when we got to the door, we couldn’t see you anymore, so formally thanking you here :slight_smile:

SeanB
3 Apr '20

I can confirm- this coffee is absolutely excellent, and the service is just fantastic

Mont58Coffee
3 Apr '20

Looking forward to delivering your coffee!

Mont58Coffee
3 Apr '20

Really glad you like the taste, thanks for your support!

Mont58Coffee
3 Apr '20

Thank you Sean!!

cp
4 Apr '20

We had ours delivered yesterday - amazing service, can’t wait to get brewing! Thank you!

Mont58Coffee
4 Apr '20

Great, let us know how you get on!

ForestHull
6 Apr '20

Great delivery today - same day delivery at no extra cost! I liked that you left it on the doorstep and sent an SMS also to confirm - very safe distancing :slight_smile:

Interestingly though I see you recommend using the Aeropress inverted (https://mont58coffee.com/coffee-tips/), rather than the ‘official’ method (https://aeropress.com/use-it-now/getting-started/). That’s not something I’d considered before, but I guess it fixes the problem of the water dripping through before it’s bloomed and risking under-extraction!

Beige
6 Apr '20

Have you seen this? Looks better than the aeropress despite the ludicrous advert.

ForestHull
7 Apr '20

I saw a review of it by coffee deity James Hoffmann, here it is:

It sounds more fiddly to use (which is bad when you are time poor) and James doesn’t seem to suggest the coffee tastes a whole lot better with the Delter, though notes it’s a different brewing method to the Aeropress.

Do you have one, would you recommend it? Maybe one for my Christmas list…

Beige
7 Apr '20

No. I did have an aeropress which I occasionally used inverted but I got rid of it. Now I use a v60 99% of the time. It is relatively slow though, but involves no clean up.

Mont58Coffee
7 Apr '20

After loads of testing and trying, this is the best method for Aeropress brewing we acheived. Let us know if it works for you as well.

neilw
7 Apr '20

I switched to the “inverted” method many years ago and have never gone back!

An_Iain
8 Apr '20

Coffee arrived just in time for my afternoon cup.
I was a rebel though… even though I’d ordered an appropriate grind for my stovetop, I was curious about the inverted aeropress option so dug it out from the back of the cupboard. An excellent cuppa.
Thanks!

Beige
8 Apr '20

rebelliously following instructions?

An_Iain
8 Apr '20

Ah, the ‘Aeropress’ grind is finer than the ‘Stovetop’ grind… but I just throw the rules out of the window and made it anyway.
Living life on the edge!

Mont58Coffee
8 Apr '20

Soungs good. I’m glad you’re experimenting. I’m sure you can get an even better result with a finer grind for Aeropress :wink:

An_Iain
9 Apr '20

Question for you; how should I keep the coffee, and for how long can I expect it to keep?

Mont58Coffee
9 Apr '20

Try to keep the coffee in the bag and in an airtight container. This will keep the ground coffee fresh for at least a week or 2.
Wholebean will keep fresh for much longer so if you don’t have a small grinder I would strongly recommend adding it to your birthday or Xmas gift list :grinning:

hillwalker
9 Apr '20

Do you have any recommendations for grinders to get a good espresso grind? the one I have doesn’t really do it fine enough

Londondrz
9 Apr '20

I use a Hario hand grinder. It produces OK results.

Luke30
9 Apr '20

I got a klarstein which has been great.

Mont58Coffee
9 Apr '20

Have a look at GRAEF grinders for home. If you buy one and think you need a finer grind they normally send a couple of washers to add to it so it can be dialled to a finer setting.

cp
13 Apr '20

it was bloomin delicious, we need to put in another order, we are going through A LOT at the moment! thank you!

Mont58Coffee
13 Apr '20

Thank you :relaxed:, We’re going through a lot here too. Which coffee did you have?

chamonix
14 Apr '20

Got my delivery today :raised_hands:t3: I was down to the small bag of weasel :poop: coffee I picked up in Nam last year :sweat_smile:

anon5422159
14 Apr '20

That’s the good stuff! And expensive!

cp
5 Jun '20

We received our costa rica bag today, delicious! thank you for the regular supply of beans!

Mont58Coffee
8 Jun '20

You’re very welcome and thanks for your support!