Archived on 6/5/2022

Dentist Recommendations [2020]

SE23.life
4 Mar '20

Previous Recommendations 2016-2019:

Dentist Recommended By*
Perry Vale @topofthehill, @ThorNogson, @Garfield, @RachaelDunlop, @marymck, @Fran_Payne
Dental Beauty Dulwich (formerly Townley Road) (East Dulwich) @HannahM, @topofthehill, @Nivag
Dentistry for You (Dartmouth Road) @Pauline, @Foresthillnick
Bolney Court (Sydenham) @rbmartin
Stanstead dental centre @Pea

*only verified members shown

This is a wiki post, so if you can improve this info (e.g. a dentist has shut down), please edit this post.

Please reply to this topic if you have further recommendations. No solicitations please.

marymck
4 Mar '20

I was terrified when my trusted and lovely dentist retired. But someone recommended Dr Vondee at Perry Vale and although I’ve only seen him once I already trust him (which is a Big Thing for me!) and his work looks good too.

As at added surprise bonus they accepted me as a National Health patient. I thought NHS dentist had ceased to exist!

https://perryvaledental.co.uk/team-member/dr-christopher-vondee/

Pea
4 Mar '20

I can’t recommend enough Stanstead dental centre opposite Moon Lane Books. The two female dentists there, who I’ve see a few times for various things, are brilliant. Two kids also happy to go there which says a lot. They take NHS patients as well.

020 8690 1233

Foresthillnick
5 Mar '20

Townley Road has been taken over or rebranded as Dental Beauty Dulwich.
Had a bad experience with them when I needed an emergency consultation. They said they could fit me in, in two weeks time. I asked for something sooner due to the pain and they said I could go on a waiting list.
I phoned Dentistry for You and was in 2 hours later. Had a dying tooth that needed to be drilled out and capped. They were fine and fully explained everything that needed to be done…
I complained to Dental Beauty but they didn’t seem interested so after 15 years there I have moved on.

anon27836993
7 Mar '20

Having issues myself with SmilesForYou in Crofton Park. Not once under 5 years and I have been a longer customer than that may I add. I feel let down and not looked after like before. To many different dentist and my teeth broke because of them ignoring what I was saying now the fillings don’t last causing further issues. The stress it’s caused me and upset. They don’t care I want a dentist who cares and just doesn’t want your money. Not everyone can just hand £300 over seriously I don’t live a celebrity lifestyle either. Yes… please recommend a dentist to me that also caters for now nervous patients to sort this out. I would be very grateful.

marymck
25 Oct '20

Dr Vondee at Perry Dale Dental. But they’re only seeing emergencies until January.

My husband goes to a dentist in Forest Hill that are seeing private patients only at this time. I’ll ask him the name.

Sabi.T
25 Oct '20

Thank you Mary!

maxrocks
25 Oct '20

I recommend the Bupa practise in Penge (176 stops outside)
They’re really superb and take NHS patients (we are both NHS)

Lesley_Wilkins
25 Oct '20

Dentistry for you at FoHi came to my rescue this month - NHS