Archived on 6/5/2022

Discount Fashion Outlet (formerly Maplin)

depeche
16 Jul '18

The old Maplin by Shannons Garden centre (on Stanstead Road) has a new facade.

Looks like it’s turning into a discount fashion outlet…

Bolgerp
16 Jul '18

What an odd location for a clothing outlet!!!

Philippe
16 Jul '18

In a way it’s good to have a new owner so quickly, isn’t it? Space is rather small though.

Bolgerp
16 Jul '18

Actually, the space is deceptively large… I seem to remember it was smaller and then they expanded it a bit about a year/18 months ago…

depeche
16 Jul '18

anon5422159
16 Jul '18

A Poundland TKMaxx… like a dream within a dream…

GillB
16 Jul '18

Might catch on quite well. It’s eye catching as you go past on the bus (if you do of course :wink:)

Philippe
16 Jul '18

I was joking to my wife that it was our chance to have a tkmaxx :smiley:

anon5422159
16 Jul '18

With most new shop openings, we’d expect to hear from the Gentrification Resistance Brigade by now.

They’re mercifully quiet about this one. #SilverLinings

Londondrz
17 Jul '18

I was just thinking that was a perfect place for a Waitrose or a Harrods Local.

anon5422159
17 Jul '18

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Londonist: “Why Gentrification Isn’t Always Bad for London”

Bolgerp
17 Jul '18

Wonder when it’s opening? Will have to swing by as it’s so close to home (and handily beside the garden centre)… although I suspect it won’t scratch my nerd itch in the same way Maplins did :frowning:

starman
17 Jul '18

With prices between £1 and £10 it may cause another type of itch. I’m with @Londondrz. Harrods Local. About time we had a Diana memorial south.

depeche
17 Jul '18

I read that in the US, many of the Toys R Us stores have been taken over by TJ Maxx (TK Maxx over here obv)

Perhaps we’ll see one over bell green…

Bolgerp
2 Aug '18

Anyone know if the clothing shop has opened yet?

Jimsthename
2 Aug '18

It hadn’t yesterday. Did see some activity in there on Tuesday evening though

Marianne
3 Aug '18

Dream on - Chris Beach

if not - let’s hope Harrods is interested - in your dreams :joy::joy::kissing_heart:

FashionClearance
11 Aug '18

Hello everybody!

Thanks for the interest, I’m pleased to tell you all , we are now open (officially opened 10th August).

Come by the store and check it out. We’re a friendly bunch who love to help you bag a branded bargain !

We are open 7 days a week :
Mon- Sat 10am-6pm and Sunday’s 11-4pm.

We have a fabulous range of women’s wear, including dresses, jeans, jackets, knitwear,tops and athletic wear, we even have the handbags and shoes to go with the outfit!

We have noted a lot of interest to expand our range to menswear and children’s so we are definitely looking into that for you all and I will keep you posted on our progress with that.

As a local Forest hill resident myself, having worked in several locations around here, I am genuinely proud to be a part of this store. I believe it’s a great addition to our community, finally a fashion forward store that can be accessed on our doorstep!

I am working on our official business Forum page as we speak,so please check in once we are up and running. I’d love to hear any comments or suggestions you have.

From myself and the rest of the team… A BIG hello and we look forward to seeing you all !

Stephanie x

Fashion Clearance Outlet

anon5422159
11 Aug '18

Great to have you here.

I’ve closed this topic to replies, so the conversation can continue on the new and dedicated topic here: Fashion Clearance Outlet Now open Stanstead road