Archived on 6/5/2022

Dishwasher repair?

Jimmythepope
25 Apr '17

Does anyone know someone in Forest Hill they can recommend to mend my dishwasher?

BrightStar
25 Apr '17

My friend used the spin doctor to repair her washing machine but I think he repairs washing machine too. He was highly recommended by her.

BrightStar
25 Apr '17

Sorry I meant dishwasher too!

topofthehill
25 Apr '17

Yes, he does repair dishwashers and has a very good reputation.

armadillo
25 Apr '17

+1 for the spin doctor. Diagnosed our borked 5yr old dishwasher quickly (heating element blown and shorting the washer) and was honest enough to admit that the cost of parts and labour to fix it would probably come to more than a new dishwasher.

Rather than fix, I ended up buying a new machine in the sales and benefited from the new warranty :slight_smile:

DevonishForester
25 Apr '17

There’s spindoctor.com and spindoctoruk.co.uk which appear to be different companies

Which one are you recommending?

I had a good experience with DOMEX for a cooker/oven repair. I would go to them for washing machine and dish washer problems.

starman
25 Apr '17

Second for Domex. They fixed a Bosch washing machine and took time to show me some of the interesting features. Full marks.

BMSE23
25 Apr '17

I’ve used Steve Neale the spin doctor a few times and he’s great. This is the link to his website. http://www.londonspindoctor.com/

armadillo
25 Apr '17

That’s the chappie

FH2017
25 Apr '17

Another vote for spin doctor.

Hollow
26 Apr '17

Hello

Spin Doctor we tried to get an appointment but he was quite busy and would take a while.

So we went with someone called Garrett Appliances Limited. They are on which trusted trader with heaps of reviews and they charged a set fee (eg: if they had to come back with parts they didn’t charge for the 2nd visit). Obviously don’t take my word for it and do the research yourself. They are a larger operation hence they can turn it around very quickly. Was very happy with them in the end.

They are also based in the South which is a must for when I look for tradesmen.

Jimmythepope
30 Apr '17

Thanks everyone. Great suggestions. My wife phoned the guy from Spin Doctors and he said it was probably a case of us using the wrong soap powder so he is clearly not on the take!

DevonishForester
30 Apr '17

You’re using powder?

Jimmythepope
30 Apr '17

Ah no my bad. We are using capsules but the problem was the salt kept needed replacing. It turns out the capsules we have

Jimmythepope
30 Apr '17

Oops … with the capsules we have you don’t need to add salt

Pauline
30 Apr '17

Funny :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Max_Muller
19 Oct '19

Dishwasher repair? lol, it is cheaper to buy a new one…

Beige
19 Oct '19

Welcome to the forum, Max. Thanks for reminding the people looking to repair their dishwasher that it might be cheaper to buy a new one. Even if this was always the case (it isn’t) some people may wish to attempt to prevent the waste and environmental impact of replacing their appliances.

Bolgerp
12 May '21

Sorry to resurrect this thread, however it was very helpful a couple of weeks ago when our washing machine stopped working and our insurers couldn’t get someone out to fix it for just over two weeks.

Based on the recommendations from here, I contacted https://londonspindoctor.com/ on the phone, described the problem to him and he figured out what the issue was almost immediately.
Booked him in for the next working day (unfortunately I called on the Friday before the bank holiday, so had to wait a little bit). He arrived exactly on time, had a quick look and confirmed his diagnosis. He had fixed everything and tidied up and was out the door within 20 minutes. I cannot recommend him enough. I will not be renewing the insurance when it’s up next…

Beige
12 May '21

Bolgerp
12 May '21

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Absolutely brilliant.

:rofl: