Disposal of open space land 30-32 Stanstead Road

stanstead-rd

Good comment, Kat :+1:

I noticed that too, and it seemed a bit odd, given there are several strong objections expressed by people here, and surely those people would have submitted an official objection. It certainly shouldn’t show “zero” as I submitted my objection yesterday.

There may, perhaps, be a lag.

Thank you Chris))

I think the portal does not work properly. I remember Lewisham Council has recently had problem with their site - phone numbers missing, customer service got automated, non existing extentions. Could be temporary issues.

Looks like an idesl way to avoid any objections, looking at the Bampton consultation it says only 3 people had concerns not the 86% of residents that signed a petition?
Perhaps it only counts if you use the prescribed form? Something to check on the 14th maybe.

If remember clearly, when we asked if we had to fill-in forms, they said if we wanted to. It was never emphasised that filling in forms were important to register opinions. And if they said that, it would have saved a lot of arguing and shouting, everyone would have taken the form and filled it in to reflect his/her opinion.

Listening to local residents and council tax payers is optional, apparently.

And the planning portal hints that complaints are going into a black hole:

Reminder - the following are material considerations, and all are relevant to this planning application:

• environmental, social and economic impacts
  • design of proposal
  • views of organisations and individuals
  • access and provision of infrastructure

Its a standard response - I got the same word-for-word reply when I submitted an objection over a different planing application earlier this year (which was ultimatley withdrawn).

I think its auto-generated when your objection is entered into their system, so at least you know its been logged.

Got the same email confirmation today. Logged by the look of it.

I just checked the status of the application, it has not been decided yet. Does it really take so long?

http://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

From the portal:

|Name |Constraint Type|
|PTAL 3 |Public Transport Accessibility Level - 3|
|Local Open Space Deficiency |Not Available|

What does it mean?

For those interested in the progress of this development I received the below by e-mail today. Note the public meeting on 12 April - though I’m afraid I’m rather sceptical that opposition from residents will have any effect on the decision-making process.

Public Meeting regarding proposed flats on green space at 30-32 Stanstead Rd

Thank you. I think you should try to attend and to speak.