Archived on 6/5/2022

Does anyone know what this is?

Foresthillnick
20 May '17

Seen in Lewisham a while back - looked to be autonomous but the lady with it was certainly hodling something that looked like a controller.

Wynell
20 May '17

It’s new delivery drone being trialled. Very secure gps tracked and alarmed I believe first use will be food/groceries but also amazon are looking at them. You get a code sent to you to open when it arrives at your door.
What will we do with all those Pizza mopeds?

clausy
20 May '17

I don’t think it will replace pizza mopeds for a while. Unless you like cold pizza. It looks a bit slow :wink:

Drones maybe…

starman
20 May '17

Unless it has a warming oven onboard

anon5422159
20 May '17
RachaelDunlop
20 May '17

Ha! I saw one on Brenchley Gardens the other day and wondered what it was.

Foresthillnick
20 May '17

Cheers - thought it must have been something like that or perhaps a google thing.

It was very slow and kept stopping but there were quite a few people about (only just managed to get a shot without people in)

Londondrz
20 May '17

It was on Lordship Lane about 7 weeks ago. Had 2 minders with it. Seems a great way of having some nice tech nicked.

Wynell
20 May '17

They are rigged with all sorts of security I believe one will get nicked and the resulting prosecution will deter future theft. What I am not sure of is the anti- vandal capability ie just kick it over.:upside_down_face: