Dominos in Honor Oak - Planning Meeting [Cancelled]

I received a letter yesterday from a Samual James (Lewisham Planning Dept) inviting me to a meeting about the changes to be made to the shop @ 56 Honor Oak Park. Has anybody else who put in a complaint about a possible Dominos taking over received the same?
If so what I can’t understand after reading it again this morning is that it says at the bottom that Dominos will not be discussed & that if they wanted to take up residency, they don’t need planning permission! I’m baffled as to why there is a meeting if what we/I have objected to cannot be discussed :wink:

1 Like

@GillB - that seems very opaque - and perhaps deliberately set to confuse.

Have you got a scanner - can you share a copy of the letter on here ?

That seems very wrong, Gill, and typical of the “consultation in name only” approach. A change that will materially affect the pavement area and residents (late night moped traffic) should be discussed as part of the consultation, or the planning dept should avoid wasting our time and money on the meeting altogether.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, I wonder what the difference would be if a fast food outlet were to open who used 3rd party delivery like Deliveroo or Uber Eats. In theory the delivery part of the business would not require planning consent of any kind, but would still attract a large number of mopeds throughout the business day. Not dissimilar to those over on Brockley Rise / Stondon Park.

I guess the planning dept are duty bound to offer consultation and discussion with any concerned parties, however have to be clear about what they will and will not discuss.

Unpleasing I’m sure, but straight and open from the start.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I haven’t got a scanner, so I can’t. But it was this forum who first alerted me to what was happening & who to complain to at Lewisham, so I did with other concerned residents I should think. @ChrisBeach yes I think it’s a joke. But I will go to the meeting to have my say…

Could you take a picture with your mobile and upload that way?

I’ll have a go!

I’ve taken a pic on my phone, how do I up load it onto here?

1 Like

Hope you all can decipher this!

1 Like

Seems clear enough really. The application made by them only relates to building changes and not usage changes. Therefore it is not up for discussion, or at least not at this stage or by this department.

However the language does indicate quite heavily that the intended purpose is indeed a Dominos. Or at least that the majority of letters received indicate the opposition of this business.

1 Like

Exactly! As I said if he wants to change his shopfront, go ahead. I’m just really annoyed that it makes me look petty & that I’m complaining about something silly! My husband did speak to the owner of the fish & chip shop & he said he was looking to still sell fish etc, but would like to expand, but obviously didn’t say in what! Well as I said I’ll go to the meeting. There must be quite a few of us concerned as they wouldn’t be holding a meeting. Was just hoping that whoever it was who reported this last Oct/Nov it anyone else who complained could or would comment. Watch this space…

2 Likes

@ChrisBeach - can you help here and anonymise @GillB’s personal data on her scanned letter.

Ta

3 Likes

Good call. Done.

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

If the meeting follows form then any discussion in regard to Dominoes will be ignored or silenced. As it states only the application will be presented and that is purely building works etc.

Will be interesting if any of the objectors to a Dominos eventually become customers?

3 Likes

I thought the proposal to turn the old bank into a Dominos a few years back was rejected because it was a Dominos and would involve loads of delivery drivers?

That precedent would imply that these are valid planning objections which should be considered by the authority when making its decision.

Does anyone know where you can access the results of former planning applications?

2 Likes

It will be interesting to know if any of the proponents of Dominos (~15% of members according to our straw poll) live near the area affected by the moped noise and clutter, or in fact, if they live in Honor Oak at all.

I know Sam & he is a good officer. As previously stated this is not a change of use application.

Very true, but past experience has given me a sceptical view, perhaps if it were a Waitrose?
Or if it was not well supported it would be short lived, supply and denand works wherever you reside.

1 Like